IETF
netmod
netmod@jabber.ietf.org
Monday, July 22, 2019< ^ >
Lou Berger has set the subject to: IETF 103
Room Configuration
Room Occupants

GMT+0
[17:12:35] VirtualQueue_zpsJLq04 joins the room
[17:19:05] Meetecho joins the room
[17:25:06] Alexander Clemm joins the room
[17:25:09] Lorenzo Miniero joins the room
[17:29:12] Juergen Schoenwaelder joins the room
[17:30:29] Rainer Schoenen joins the room
[17:30:34] Andy Bierman joins the room
[17:31:56] Kent joins the room
[17:32:56] Alessandro Amirante joins the room
[17:33:09] joel jaeggli joins the room
[17:33:45] <joel jaeggli> /topic IETF 105 NETMOD
[17:34:55] <joel jaeggli> kent - no update to yang next
[17:35:06] <joel jaeggli> in response to balasz
[17:35:47] <Alessandro Amirante> The link to etherpad reported on chairs slides is not the one that is linked to the official agenda, which is instead: https://etherpad.ietf.org/p/notes-ietf-105-netmod?useMonospaceFont=true
[17:35:53] Mark Ellison joins the room
[17:36:30] <joel jaeggli> lou berger - document updates
[17:36:52] <Alessandro Amirante> The tools.ietf.org:9000 link is going to be discontinued by the tools team AFAIK
[17:38:04] <joel jaeggli> rob wilton speaking
[17:38:21] <joel jaeggli> lou speaking
[17:39:42] Reshad Rahman joins the room
[17:39:59] Alessandro Amirante leaves the room
[17:41:25] <joel jaeggli> errata discussed.
[17:42:27] <joel jaeggli> first presetnation rob wilton speaking
[17:42:45] <Alexander Clemm> We cannot hear from remote
[17:42:48] <Meetecho> Can you check if the speaker mic is turned off?
[17:42:51] <joel jaeggli> Design Team Items
[17:42:56] <Meetecho> It's hardly audible in remote audio
[17:43:09] <Meetecho> Thanks!
[17:43:09] <Alexander Clemm> much better
[17:43:15] Lou Berger joins the room
[17:43:22] <joel jaeggli> thanks
[17:43:30] <joel jaeggli> I have my speaker muted
[17:43:32] <Lou Berger> @joel thanks
[17:43:41] Mehmet Ersue joins the room
[17:43:48] Lou Berger has set the subject to: IETF 105
[17:43:52] <Kent> +1
[17:50:24] Kent leaves the room
[17:50:52] <joel jaeggli> question do I add these in now or can these be deffered
[17:50:59] <joel jaeggli> tim carry nokia
[17:57:02] <joel jaeggli> joel fastly
[17:57:11] <joel jaeggli> lou berger
[17:58:32] <joel jaeggli> dan bogdanavich
[17:59:39] Aihua Guo joins the room
[18:00:02] <joel jaeggli> vladimir
[18:01:12] <joel jaeggli> against addign ethernet specific counters
[18:04:02] <joel jaeggli> lou seems contentious to add now we should probably not
[18:04:15] <joel jaeggli> does anyone disagree
[18:04:53] <joel jaeggli> joe clark speaking
[18:05:17] <joel jaeggli> dan bogdanavich
[18:07:53] <joel jaeggli> vladimir speaking
[18:10:16] <joel jaeggli> vladimir vaselev
[18:10:25] <joel jaeggli> rob wilton speaking
[18:15:43] <joel jaeggli> rudiger volk speaking
[18:15:52] <joel jaeggli> joel and lou were prior
[18:17:14] Evangelos Haleplidis joins the room
[18:20:00] <joel jaeggli> next slide subinterface vlan yang data models
[18:21:57] <joel jaeggli> balasz lengyel - next presentation ynag instance data format
[18:23:37] Dan Romascanu joins the room
[18:25:14] <joel jaeggli> lada speaking
[18:25:32] Evangelos Haleplidis leaves the room
[18:27:43] <joel jaeggli> kent speaking
[18:30:23] <joel jaeggli> lou berger speaking
[18:34:29] <Juergen Schoenwaelder> I rather have generic support for annotations and I have doubts that exposing HTTP internal metadata is terribly useful. Ideally, the instance format is protocol agnostic.
[18:34:43] <joel jaeggli> lou - there is a slgiht preference in the room for it to stay as it is
[18:35:58] <joel jaeggli> confirm keeping it as is on the list
[18:37:32] Dan Romascanu leaves the room
[18:38:12] <joel jaeggli> lada speaking
[18:41:15] <joel jaeggli> rob w speaking
[18:43:44] <joel jaeggli> validmir speaking
[18:45:12] <joel jaeggli> lada speaking
[18:45:43] <joel jaeggli> rob w spreaking
[18:46:05] <joel jaeggli> wrote that draft it's called ietf yang packages
[18:47:28] <joel jaeggli> next presentation qin wu speaking - factory defaults
[18:52:42] <joel jaeggli> joe clark speaking
[18:53:58] <joel jaeggli> balasz speaking
[18:54:28] <joel jaeggli> kent speaking
[18:55:46] <joel jaeggli> tim speaking
[18:56:22] <joel jaeggli> kent speaking
[18:56:37] <Andy Bierman> I agree that system-restart RPC in ietf-system.yang should be augmented instead of  a new RPC that requires 2 steps
[18:57:35] <joel jaeggli> dan bogdonavich
[18:58:03] <joel jaeggli> rob wilton cisco
[18:58:44] <joel jaeggli> andy, relayed
[19:01:02] <joel jaeggli> next presentation alex clemm speaking Comparison of NMDA datastores
[19:07:21] <joel jaeggli> kent watson speaking
[19:08:42] <joel jaeggli> rob w speaking
[19:12:02] Kenneth Carlberg joins the room
[19:12:21] <Andy Bierman> Agree with Rob -- config=false should be ignored unless it can exist in both datastores
[19:13:09] <joel jaeggli> rob shakir google
[19:17:57] <joel jaeggli> kent raise your hand if you want to supporting returning a single format
[19:18:34] <joel jaeggli> who supports multiple formats
[19:18:57] <joel jaeggli> multiple formats is prefered
[19:20:29] <joel jaeggli> should a parameter be included to return orgin meta data?
[19:22:32] Kenneth Carlberg leaves the room
[19:27:04] <joel jaeggli> tim carey speaking about performance considerations
[19:30:01] Alexander Clemm leaves the room
[19:30:42] Aihua Guo leaves the room
[19:30:52] Andy Bierman leaves the room
[19:31:02] joel jaeggli leaves the room
[19:32:38] Mark Ellison leaves the room
[19:32:48] Juergen Schoenwaelder leaves the room
[19:32:50] Juergen Schoenwaelder joins the room
[19:32:52] Lorenzo Miniero leaves the room
[19:33:53] Rainer Schoenen leaves the room
[19:34:16] <Meetecho> Note: since the second part of NETMOD will happen in another room (Duluth) the Meetecho room will have to change as well
[19:34:20] <Meetecho> You'll have to rejoin there
[19:35:08] Mehmet Ersue leaves the room
[19:35:08] Juergen Schoenwaelder leaves the room
[19:35:09] Reshad Rahman leaves the room
[19:38:00] VirtualQueue_zpsJLq04 leaves the room
[19:45:09] joel jaeggli joins the room
[19:45:09] Lorenzo Miniero joins the room
[19:48:31] Mark Ellison joins the room
[19:48:36] Juergen Schoenwaelder joins the room
[19:52:43] Andy Bierman joins the room
[19:53:32] <joel jaeggli> first presentation - versioning design changes joe clark presenting
[19:53:49] Cengiz Alaettinoglu joins the room
[19:57:21] Alexander Clemm joins the room
[19:57:48] <joel jaeggli> lou]
[19:57:54] <joel jaeggli> benoit claise
[19:57:57] <joel jaeggli> rob w
[19:58:28] <joel jaeggli> net presetation design team update rob w presenting
[19:59:37] <joel jaeggli> next presentation, wolution overview
[19:59:45] <joel jaeggli> solution
[20:01:40] Rainer Schoenen joins the room
[20:02:28] <joel jaeggli> lou speaking
[20:10:25] <joel jaeggli> dan b speaking
[20:17:26] <joel jaeggli> kent then lou
[20:18:00] <joel jaeggli> rob - does this look like it's covering what it's supposed to
[20:18:10] <joel jaeggli> dan b  speaking
[20:19:47] <joel jaeggli> next presentation - updated module revision handling  - balasz lengyel
[20:20:05] <joel jaeggli> doug hubler speaking
[20:26:11] Evangelos Haleplidis joins the room
[20:30:58] <joel jaeggli> kent then rob w
[20:36:04] <joel jaeggli> kent then rob speaking
[20:36:11] <joel jaeggli> lou
[20:38:45] Roberto Morabito joins the room
[20:38:51] <joel jaeggli> rob w speaking
[20:40:29] Roberto Morabito leaves the room
[20:41:27] Evangelos Haleplidis leaves the room
[20:41:29] Evangelos Haleplidis joins the room
[20:42:33] <joel jaeggli> rob w  next presentation next steps
[20:42:45] <joel jaeggli> ? bell canada speaking
[20:43:42] <joel jaeggli> charles eckle - speaking
[20:43:55] Aihua Guo joins the room
[20:46:46] <joel jaeggli> rob w presetning yang package overview
[20:47:34] Evangelos Haleplidis leaves the room
[20:52:29] <joel jaeggli> kent speaking then back to rob
[20:54:45] <joel jaeggli> charles eckle speaking
[20:56:08] <joel jaeggli> reshad speaking
[20:58:08] Shucheng LIU joins the room
[20:59:04] <joel jaeggli> xufeng speaking
[20:59:51] Paul Cosgrove joins the room
[21:02:05] <joel jaeggli> kent then balasz
[21:02:22] Bhumip Khasnabish joins the room
[21:04:06] <joel jaeggli> next presentation, reshad presenting  YANG Schema Version Selection
[21:07:06] <joel jaeggli> kent speaking
[21:07:32] <joel jaeggli> rob w speaking
[21:09:21] <joel jaeggli> next presentation - a yang model for event management
[21:09:38] <joel jaeggli>   Michael Wang presenting
[21:11:10] Shucheng LIU leaves the room
[21:12:28] <joel jaeggli> tim carey speaking
[21:13:02] <joel jaeggli> what is the relationship to the adopted routing policy draft?
[21:14:06] Mark Ellison leaves the room
[21:15:12] <joel jaeggli> acee lindem - this is a more a dataplane rather than control plane
[21:16:06] <joel jaeggli> qin wu
[21:17:19] <joel jaeggli> benoit claise
[21:21:10] <joel jaeggli> next presentation nmda base notification  qin wu
[21:29:03] <joel jaeggli> rob w and then tim carey
[21:29:12] Aihua Guo leaves the room
[21:32:20] Paul Cosgrove leaves the room
[21:34:37] <Lou Berger> slides https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/105/materials/slides-105-netmod-sessb-nmda-protocol-transition-issue-discussion-03
[21:35:13] <joel jaeggli> next / final presentation  nmda protocol transition qin wu presenting
[21:45:41] Lorenzo Miniero leaves the room
[21:46:36] <joel jaeggli> lou then kent
[21:46:43] <Andy Bierman> module-tags has no config=false nodes; this means non-NMDA cannot discover the tags installed by the server. It can only discover the client installed tags
[21:51:30] Andy Bierman leaves the room
[21:51:50] Alexander Clemm leaves the room
[21:51:53] Lou Berger leaves the room
[21:52:13] Meetecho leaves the room
[21:52:14] joel jaeggli leaves the room
[21:52:14] Juergen Schoenwaelder leaves the room
[21:52:14] Rainer Schoenen leaves the room
[21:52:14] Bhumip Khasnabish leaves the room
[21:52:15] Cengiz Alaettinoglu leaves the room
Powered by ejabberd - robust, scalable and extensible XMPP server Powered by Erlang Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS!