IETF
oauth@jabber.ietf.org
Monday, July 18, 2016< ^ >
derek has set the subject to: OAuth WG | http://tools.ietf.org/wg/oauth/ | IETF 90 audio stream: http://ietf90streaming.dnsalias.net/ietf/ietf903.m3u
Room Configuration
Room Occupants

GMT+0
[11:54:00] Meetecho joins the room
[11:54:07] cw-ietf joins the room
[11:54:21] cw-ietf leaves the room
[11:55:07] Stefan Santesson joins the room
[11:55:08] Justin Richer joins the room
[11:55:11] Phil Hunt joins the room
[11:55:17] Kaoru Maeda joins the room
[11:57:06] Phil Hunt leaves the room
[11:57:08] Phil Hunt joins the room
[11:57:41] Thomas Gallagher joins the room
[12:00:49] cw-ietf joins the room
[12:00:50] sarahsquire joins the room
[12:01:21] <Justin Richer> I can hear the audio at the moment at least
[12:01:42] oej joins the room
[12:01:42] <Justin Richer> presentation is not being shared
[12:02:13] <oej> Note well - applies to remote participation too: https://www.ietf.org/about/note-well.html
[12:02:47] <oej> Slides seems messing. Can you see slides on Meetecho?
[12:03:12] <Meetecho> oej: they seem fine in our monitor here
[12:03:17] <Meetecho> waiting for confirmation from remotes
[12:03:24] <Phil Hunt> i can see slides and hear audio
[12:03:36] <oej> Ok so slides are only available on meetecho at this point
[12:04:15] <Justin Richer> I cannot see slides on Meetecho
[12:04:29] <Meetecho> Justin Richer: can you see the speaker vide intsead?
[12:04:41] <Justin Richer> I'm not seeing any video actually
[12:04:51] <oej> John Bradley speaking
[12:05:02] <Justin Richer> Let me try to reconnect
[12:05:28] <Meetecho> if you've issues with webrtc, try this other link
[12:05:29] <Meetecho> http://conf.meetecho.com/video?s=potsdamii&r=oauth&c=8896036
[12:05:41] <Meetecho> it's a audio+slides only link (flash based)
[12:05:52] <Meetecho> no jabber but it should give you the important feeds
[12:06:30] Justin Richer leaves the room
[12:06:34] Justin Richer joins the room
[12:06:59] <Justin Richer> I switched computers
[12:07:01] kino seki joins the room
[12:07:07] <Justin Richer> I can see video and slides now
[12:07:09] <oej> I reminded Hannes about uploading presentationes
[12:07:31] Sean Leonard joins the room
[12:07:44] Robin Wilton joins the room
[12:09:12] <Robin Wilton> Brian Campbell at the mic
[12:09:40] Sean Leonard leaves the room
[12:09:44] <oej> Slides may have been uploaded somewhere…
[12:10:22] kino seki leaves the room
[12:11:26] <sarahsquire> They are up here: https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/96/materials.html/
[12:14:10] <oej> If you need a jabber scribe to relay something to the room, prefix it with "mic:"
[12:14:27] <oej> If you are on the great meetecho platform you can participate remotely and ask questions from there
[12:15:01] <Justin Richer> mic: inbound PoP tokens could be handled pretty easily as it's the AS that looks things up
[12:15:39] <oej> ack, the scribe is moving to the mic line
[12:15:41] <Justin Richer> mic: the AS doesn't validate the PoP request itself, but it looks up the token identifier
[12:16:30] <Phil Hunt> The AS that exchanges the tokens may not be the same AS that issued the original access token.
[12:16:31] Ludwig Seitz joins the room
[12:16:39] <Phil Hunt> (in response to Justin)
[12:16:45] <Robin Wilton> @ phil - would you like that relayed?
[12:16:46] <Justin Richer> right, but that's the same issue as bearer tokens
[12:16:52] jcanadas@jabberpl.org joins the room
[12:17:16] <oej> John Bradley speaking
[12:17:19] <Phil Hunt> @robin - that's ok
[12:17:37] <Robin Wilton> @phil np. Sarah is still by the mic if needed……
[12:18:05] <oej> Sarah is sitting on the Jabber preferred seat.
[12:18:08] <oej> :-)
[12:18:17] p m joins the room
[12:18:42] jcanadas@jabberpl.org leaves the room
[12:18:59] Joe Canadas joins the room
[12:19:07] Joe Canadas leaves the room
[12:19:18] <oej> John Bradley and Hannes (chair) discussing
[12:19:53] <Phil Hunt> Relay:  I think we need to make the current draft "bearer" only. It is clear that the PoP Variants are particularly complex. Especially in cases across security domains (multi-AS).
[12:20:34] <Justin Richer> mic: Introspection (7662) has a forward-looking PoP refrence in an appendix, I think we should use that pattern
[12:20:36] Joe Canadas joins the room
[12:20:47] <Justin Richer> also I agree with Phil so that must be correct
[12:20:51] <Justin Richer> :-P
[12:21:53] <Justin Richer> https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7662#appendix-A
[12:21:59] Mike StJohns joins the room
[12:22:31] <oej> Who is at the mic?
[12:23:03] <Ludwig Seitz> Nat was at the mic
[12:23:08] <Robin Wilton> @oej Nat Sakimura
[12:23:54] <Justin Richer> It's very hand-wavy but it works
[12:24:41] oej has set the subject to: OAuth WG https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/oauth/documents/
[12:29:53] <oej> scribe - it helps remote participants if you say who's talking
[12:29:55] <oej> :-)
[12:30:08] <sarahsquire> will do
[12:30:18] <oej> It's not always clear on the audio feeds, or easy to parse
[12:30:26] <oej> thanks!
[12:30:35] <Justin Richer> The whole draft is chaining?
[12:30:40] <sarahsquire> Tony says “it’s the chaining”
[12:31:24] markus joins the room
[12:31:26] <Justin Richer> That's a single token, then
[12:31:33] <Phil Hunt> mic: Tony, do you mean repeat exchanges as in chaining through layers of services?
[12:31:42] <oej> Hannes participating in the discussion - possibly as chair
[12:31:52] <sarahsquire> John is speaking
[12:32:21] <sarahsquire> Phil, I think they’re leaning toward tabling this for now
[12:32:21] SamWhited leaves the room
[12:32:33] <Phil Hunt> ok
[12:32:40] <Justin Richer> Phil, I don't think he's saying "chaining" like you and I did in our early drafts
[12:32:57] SamWhited joins the room
[12:33:16] derek joins the room
[12:33:59] <sarahsquire> Hannes speaking
[12:38:08] <sarahsquire> The question was “does the user actually get to see the jwt?”
[12:39:11] <oej> Slide 7
[12:39:17] <oej> Slides with videos
[12:46:48] <Justin Richer> +1 for WGLC
[12:48:18] <sarahsquire> That was Brian asking the question
[12:48:29] <sarahsquire> William is answering
[12:49:40] <oej> Again: If you are remote, and you have any questions for the room, please use meetecho or prefix your question in the chat with "mic:" and Sarah will relay your voice to the room (which may be an upgrade voice-wise) :-)
[12:50:22] <oej> For the notes: 17 users in the jabber room - I don't know how much of an overlap between remote and in-room chat participants
[12:51:25] <Justin Richer> mic: does that mean the redirect_uri doesn't use exact string matching here? IE it ignores the port
[12:51:27] <Ludwig Seitz> Does the notetaker really need to track the people in the Jabber room? (I mean unless they make a comment)
[12:51:40] <sarahsquire> Dick Hardt is asking about ports
[12:51:53] <Justin Richer> Dick Hardt needs to use the mic
[12:52:01] <derek> Ludwig Seitz: IMHO no -- only if someone makes a comment.
[12:52:05] <oej> It's good to know how many remote participants we had in each meeting. We do not need to track…
[12:52:07] <oej> :-)
[12:52:07] <Justin Richer> OK, Brian is covering my question
[12:52:19] <sarahsquire> kk
[12:52:20] <oej> Many people forget remote participation
[12:52:37] <Justin Richer> remote people are people too
[12:53:17] <oej> And the jabber scribe is one important interface between physical room and remote participants :-)
[12:53:22] <Joe Canadas> @Justin, you could be a robot, we just can't be sure
[12:53:40] <sarahsquire> Hannes speaking
[12:53:52] <sarahsquire> Torsten and Dick are volunteering
[12:54:03] <sarahsquire> Brian is volunteering
[12:55:18] <sarahsquire> Mike speaking
[12:56:19] <sarahsquire> William speaking
[12:56:22] <oej> New slide deck: OAuth Device Flow
[12:57:18] <oej> The slides are available for download :-)
[12:59:29] <sarahsquire> Hannes speaking
[13:00:28] <sarahsquire> Brian says “you can do it!”
[13:00:40] <Robin Wilton> @oej was at the mic with question about what "alphabetic" means in 2016…
[13:00:42] <oej> I am "Olle E. Johansson" - for the notes
[13:06:46] <oej> John Bradley speaking
[13:12:21] markus leaves the room
[13:13:23] <oej> It was me speaking about SIP and phone number identification
[13:13:30] <sarahsquire> Hannes speaking
[13:13:44] <oej> STIR working group https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/stir/charter/
[13:14:05] <Ludwig Seitz>
[13:14:07] <Ludwig Seitz>   
[13:14:23] <Ludwig Seitz> (sorry wrong input window)
[13:15:27] <oej> Etherpad notes if you want to help out: http://etherpad.tools.ietf.org:9000/p/notes-ietf-96-oauth?useMonospaceFont=true
[13:15:58] <Ludwig Seitz> Especially speakers should check if I got their comments right (notetaker hat on)
[13:19:32] <oej> MIke Jones at the Mike ;-)
[13:19:48] <Robin Wilton> Tony N appears to have a Stammtisch at the beer garden… (Benefits of returning to the same IETF location, I guess ;^) )
[13:21:04] Ludwig Seitz leaves the room: offline
[13:21:07] oej leaves the room
[13:21:34] Joe Canadas leaves the room
[13:21:51] sarahsquire leaves the room
[13:21:52] Meetecho leaves the room
[13:21:59] derek leaves the room
[13:22:05] Robin Wilton leaves the room
[13:22:15] Stefan Santesson leaves the room
[13:22:15] p m leaves the room
[13:22:46] SamWhited joins the room
[13:22:56] Thomas Gallagher leaves the room
[13:23:01] Justin Richer leaves the room
[13:23:01] Phil Hunt leaves the room
[13:25:46] Kaoru Maeda leaves the room
[13:26:23] cw-ietf leaves the room
[13:35:30] Mike StJohns leaves the room
[13:36:45] Joe Canadas joins the room
[13:37:46] Kaoru Maeda joins the room
[13:38:06] Joe Canadas leaves the room
[13:41:12] Mike StJohns joins the room
[13:44:23] Kaoru Maeda leaves the room
[15:49:01] Mike StJohns leaves the room
[15:56:55] sarahsquire joins the room
[17:00:24] Mike StJohns joins the room
[17:58:57] sarahsquire leaves the room
[18:04:31] Mike StJohns leaves the room
[19:41:18] Mike StJohns joins the room
[20:11:33] Mike StJohns leaves the room
[20:23:00] SamWhited leaves the room
[20:46:55] sarahsquire joins the room
[21:18:01] sarahsquire leaves the room
Powered by ejabberd - robust, scalable and extensible XMPP server Powered by Erlang Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS!