[18:53:23] --- Michael Kirkham has joined
[18:53:31] --- Michael Kirkham has left
[20:40:27] --- Michael Kirkham has joined
[20:44:17] --- ray has joined
[20:44:52] --- bert has joined
[20:45:06] * bert has set the topic to: OPS Area Open Meeting
[20:45:24] <bert> OK, I am jabber scribe. I assume evryone is on audio channel.
[20:45:29] <bert> So my notes will be brief
[20:45:44] <Michael Kirkham> hi bert, ray. i am indeed listening to audio.
[20:46:13] <bert> is it clear
[20:46:46] <Michael Kirkham> clear currently, though all my volumes are turned all the way up
[20:47:49] --- ThinkingCat has joined
[20:47:55] <bert> agenda: http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/07dec/agenda/opsarea.txt
[20:48:31] <bert> Stewart Bryant: T-MPLS update
[20:49:47] --- pguenther has joined
[20:52:12] --- nm has joined
[20:57:00] --- nm has left
[20:57:26] <bert> agenda item: 4. Report from the NMRG workshop in the Netherlands (November 8-9) with the topic of SNMP trace analysis - Dan Romascanu on behalf of Juergen Schoenwaelder - 5 min
[20:57:58] <bert> slides are here: http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/07dec/slides/opsarea-0.pdf
[20:59:08] <bert> Oopps. go to item 5. Reorganization and extension of the OPS Directorate - Ron Bonica - 10 min
[20:59:59] <bert> ops-dir members will get docs assigned to review
[21:00:41] <bert> back to item 4
[21:01:22] <bert> slide 1 - title slide
[21:01:55] <bert> slide 2 logisitics on the meeting with ptrs
[21:02:16] <bert> slide 3: mai topics
[21:02:32] <bert> trace analisys and trace visualization (all SNMP traces)
[21:03:07] <bert> slide 4: the SNMP trace analysis challenge
[21:05:03] <bert> slide 5: need for common definitions
[21:06:03] <bert> slide 6: Towards Common Definitions
[21:06:25] --- dlpartain has joined
[21:06:41] <bert> slide 7: SNMP TRace visualization
[21:07:15] --- dlpartain has left
[21:07:40] <bert> slide 8: Online Flow visualization
[21:08:05] <bert> slide 9: conclusions
[21:10:32] <bert> Sharon: input was given to the nmrg on : doc has expired
[21:10:47] <bert> NMRG is aware of it and they are merging new experiences as well
[21:10:54] <bert> Agenda item: 6. Status of MIB2RDML work - Bob Natale http://home.comcast.net/~bobnatale/draft-li-natale-smi-datatypes-in-xsd-00.txt - 20 min
[21:11:12] <bert> slides not yet online
[21:11:34] <Michael Kirkham> (no amp, though, so probably louder for others) http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/07dec/slides/opsarea-1.ppt ?
[21:11:53] <Michael Kirkham> oops. dunno why that first msg waited so long to come through. that was two messages.
[21:12:51] <bert> slide 1: http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/07dec/slides/opsarea-1.ppt
[21:13:50] <bert> http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/07dec/slides/opsarea-1.ppt#258,3,Problem /Opportunity Description
[21:14:23] <bert> slide: http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/07dec/slides/opsarea-1.ppt#262,4,Expected Beneficiaries & Benefits
[21:14:30] --- fujiwara has joined
[21:15:39] <bert> slide 5: http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/07dec/slides/opsarea-1.ppt#269,5,Background: From MIB2RMDL to XSDMI
[21:17:39] <bert> slide 6: http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/07dec/slides/opsarea-1.ppt#270,6,Illustration of the Problem Space for MIB2RMDL
[21:18:00] <bert> slide 7: http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/07dec/slides/opsarea-1.ppt#260,7,Illustration of the Problem Space for XSDMI
[21:18:37] <bert> slide 8: http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/07dec/slides/opsarea-1.ppt#272,8,MIB to XML via XSD Deliverables
[21:19:16] <bert> slide 9: http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/07dec/slides/opsarea-1.ppt#271,9,Requirements for SMI to XSD Mapping Objectives: Fidelity and Parsimony
[21:22:41] <bert> slide 10: http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/07dec/slides/opsarea-1.ppt#273,10,Proposed SMI Datatypes to XSD Mapping Numerical SMI Datatypes
[21:23:47] <bert> slide 11: http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/07dec/slides/opsarea-1.ppt#274,11,Proposed SMI Datatypes to XSD Mapping Non-Numerical SMI Datatypes
[21:25:20] <bert> slide 12: http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/07dec/slides/opsarea-1.ppt#265,12,Recap: Illustration of the Target Environment
[21:26:00] <bert> slide 13: http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/07dec/slides/opsarea-1.ppt#261,13,Recap: Problem/Opportunity Description “Repetition is the key to learning” – Jeff Case
[21:26:14] <bert> slide 14: http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/07dec/slides/opsarea-1.ppt#267,14,Next Steps
[21:26:28] <bert> slide 15: http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/07dec/slides/opsarea-1.ppt#268,15,Slide 15
[21:27:58] <bert> Next Steps
[21:29:28] <bert> Ron Bonica: Does mapping rom SNMP to XSD not leave us with the same problem on: how can we use it to configue networks
[21:29:59] <bert> 'BN: This is separate. Can't guarantee that it is compatible with new NETCONF-type work
[21:30:08] --- ruri_hiromi@chat.gizmoproject.com has joined
[21:30:17] <bert> BN: MIBs exists, we want to access them via XML
[21:30:32] <bert> Even if it is just monitoring
[21:30:45] <bert> We may have to tune it later if/when netonf work completes
[21:31:52] <bert> DHarrington: we're not looking for doing netconf/yang stuff.
[21:32:10] <bert> This is to make MIB data accesible via XML
[21:33:33] <bert> Andy Bierman: this now look slimited in scope enough that it may be usefull
[21:33:59] <bert> this is low hanging fuit. If we cna agree on these type of encodings, that would be great
[21:34:27] <bert> fidelity is an interesting problem and important
[21:34:43] --- shinta has joined
[21:35:41] <bert> dbh: fidelity is interesting issue
[21:40:10] --- shinta has left
[21:44:34] <bert> Agenda item 7. XML Schema Usage for NETCONF - Sharon Chisholm http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chisholm-netconf-model-07.txt - 20 min
[21:45:29] <bert> slides at: http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/07dec/slides/opsarea-4.ppt
[21:45:47] <bert> slide: The approach
[21:48:09] <bert> slide: Areas of Requirements
[21:49:56] <bert> slide: Modeling COnsiderations
[21:50:41] <bert> slide: updates in -07
[21:53:35] <bert> slide: Requirements
[21:58:24] <bert> Agenda item 8. Technical Discussion on the YANG data modeling language - David Partain http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bjorklund-netconf-yang-00.txt - 40 min
[21:58:58] --- Michael Kirkham has left
[21:58:58] <bert> slides at: 8. Technical Discussion on the YANG data modeling language - David Partain http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bjorklund-netconf-yang-00.txt - 40 min
[21:59:17] <bert> slide: Yang is...
[21:59:49] <bert> slide: YANG ...
[22:01:18] <bert> slide: http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/07dec/slides/opsarea-3.ppt#260,5,YANG rocks, dude!
[22:02:19] <bert> slide: http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/07dec/slides/opsarea-3.ppt#259,6,Modules and submodules
[22:02:58] <bert> slide: http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/07dec/slides/opsarea-3.ppt#263,7,Slide 7
[22:04:24] <bert> slide: http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/07dec/slides/opsarea-3.ppt#264,8,leaf
[22:05:46] --- pguenther has left
[22:06:21] <bert> slide: http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/07dec/slides/opsarea-3.ppt#265,9,leaf-list
[22:07:40] <bert> slide: http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/07dec/slides/opsarea-3.ppt#266,10,container
[22:08:14] <bert> slide: http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/07dec/slides/opsarea-3.ppt#280,11,Slide 11
[22:09:14] <bert> slide: http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/07dec/slides/opsarea-3.ppt#281,12,must
[22:10:50] <bert> slide: http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/07dec/slides/opsarea-3.ppt#267,13,list
[22:11:18] <bert> slide: http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/07dec/slides/opsarea-3.ppt#269,14,Slide 14
[22:13:36] <bert> slide: http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/07dec/slides/opsarea-3.ppt#274,15,augment
[22:15:10] <bert> slide: http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/07dec/slides/opsarea-3.ppt#275,16,Slide 16
[22:16:43] <bert> slide: http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/07dec/slides/opsarea-3.ppt#277,17,rpc
[22:17:18] <bert> slide: http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/07dec/slides/opsarea-3.ppt#278,18,notification
[22:18:07] <bert> slide: http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/07dec/slides/opsarea-3.ppt#279,19,Semantic Differentiators
[22:19:25] <bert> slide: http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/07dec/slides/opsarea-3.ppt#270,20,Built-in types
[22:20:09] <bert> slide: http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/07dec/slides/opsarea-3.ppt#271,21,Derived types
[22:20:49] <bert> slide: http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/07dec/slides/opsarea-3.ppt#272,22,grouping
[22:22:21] <bert> slide: http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/07dec/slides/opsarea-3.ppt#273,23,choice
[22:23:36] <bert> slide: http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/07dec/slides/opsarea-3.ppt#282,24,What can you do to help?
[22:24:50] <bert> Agneda item: 9. Mailing Lists Status - Dan - 5 min
[22:26:47] <bert> lists we have are metadate; mib2rdml;
[22:27:01] <bert> metadata has little or no traffic
[22:27:09] <bert> keep mib2rdml open
[22:27:16] <bert> yang and ngo lists
[22:27:22] <bert> yang is about last topic.
[22:27:34] <bert> ngo was mainly to discuss new charter for netconf or a new wg.
[22:27:48] <bert> We now have a rechartered netconf; so ngo could be shut down
[22:28:59] --- ray has left
[22:30:10] <bert> Agenda item: 10: Open Mic
[22:30:31] <bert> David Partain: how many read the yang draft
[22:30:35] <bert> a lot more than this morning
[22:32:12] <bert> Dan: do you feel we need to meet very IETF or once every 2?
[22:32:37] <bert> we need content for every meeting otherwise it does not make sense
[22:32:41] <bert> meeting closed
[22:33:00] --- ruri_hiromi@chat.gizmoproject.com has left
[22:34:49] --- ThinkingCat has left
[23:09:33] --- bert has left
[23:27:45] --- fujiwara has left