IETF
plenary
plenary@jabber.ietf.org
Wednesday, July 20, 2016< ^ >
DanYork has set the subject to: Combined Plenary @ IETF 95
Room Configuration
Room Occupants

GMT+0
[14:23:21] berndtdasbrot joins the room
[15:30:44] Meetecho joins the room
[15:35:09] Simon Pietro Romano joins the room
[15:35:09] Lorenzo Miniero joins the room
[15:35:09] John Leslie joins the room
[15:35:09] Matthew Sargent joins the room
[15:35:09] Stephanie Huguenin joins the room
[15:35:09] Sean Turner joins the room
[15:35:11] S M joins the room
[15:36:34] SM joins the room
[15:38:37] S Huque joins the room
[15:38:38] Paventhan Arumugam joins the room
[15:41:36] Scott Morizot joins the room
[15:42:35] dcrocker joins the room
[15:42:56] <dcrocker> what's the link to meetecho; it's not on the web page?
[15:43:13] <Lorenzo Miniero> http://www.meetecho.com/ietf96/plenary
[15:43:28] <Lorenzo Miniero> it is available on our agenda here: http://ietf96.conf.meetecho.com/
[15:43:35] <dcrocker> tnx.
[15:44:12] John Klensin joins the room
[15:45:13] Dave Crocker joins the room
[15:46:51] oej joins the room
[15:46:53] RjS joins the room
[15:47:01] JcK joins the room
[15:47:07] oej is now known as oej - SCRIBE
[15:47:47] <oej - SCRIBE> Hello folks! I will be your scribe during this session.
[15:48:10] <oej - SCRIBE> Since the room is large, I need co-scribes covering mikes on the left and right-hand side of the room
[15:50:08] Simon Romano joins the room
[15:51:00] <oej - SCRIBE> Plenary about to start - Jari announcing the grand opening now.
[15:51:26] <oej - SCRIBE> If you have problems with audio or video feeds, just mention "Meetecho" in this channel and the great team will assist you immediately
[15:51:29] Yoshiro Yoneya joins the room
[15:51:38] <oej - SCRIBE> We soon pokemons
[15:51:49] <oej - SCRIBE> we see pokemons on stage!
[15:52:11] Ray Atarashi joins the room
[15:52:14] Simon Romano leaves the room
[15:52:24] <oej - SCRIBE> "For the first time we have implemented BCP 38 in the IETF network" - Jari
[15:52:30] <oej - SCRIBE> ** Slide: Agenda 1/2
[15:52:55] hildjj joins the room
[15:52:57] DanYork joins the room
[15:53:06] DanYork has set the subject to: Combined Plenary @ IETF 96
[15:53:09] <oej - SCRIBE> Welcome to the plenary folks!
[15:54:05] <oej - SCRIBE> ** slide Agenda 2/2
[15:54:10] Dave Thaler joins the room
[15:54:22] <oej - SCRIBE> ** Applause *
[15:54:58] <oej - SCRIBE> Note: Seems like the Wifi network has a bit of lag so I may not be fully in sync with audio/video. Sorry.
[15:55:08] frodek joins the room
[15:55:39] Ray Atarashi leaves the room
[15:56:38] Ray Atarashi joins the room
[15:57:03] <oej - SCRIBE> *** Slide: Thursday Tech talk
[15:57:03] dcrocker leaves the room
[15:57:07] dcrocker joins the room
[15:57:27] fenton joins the room
[15:57:57] Dave Crocker leaves the room
[15:57:58] Dave Crocker joins the room
[15:58:20] svaldez@tls.ctf.network joins the room
[15:58:48] Jim Fenton joins the room
[15:58:58] Samuel Jero joins the room
[15:59:41] <DanYork> FYI - Olle is having connectivity issues
[15:59:55] adrianfarrel joins the room
[16:00:48] oej - SCRIBE leaves the room: Replaced by new connection
[16:00:52] oej joins the room
[16:00:53] dcrocker leaves the room
[16:01:05] <oej> And the scribe is back
[16:01:08] <oej> :-)
[16:01:19] <oej> Slide: IETF 96 Participants
[16:01:30] <oej> Wow! 1346 participants, 283 newcomers
[16:01:33] rdroms joins the room
[16:01:46] Shinta Sato joins the room
[16:01:50] <oej> And a large attendance from the Kingdom of Sweden!
[16:01:57] <oej> (on a personal note)
[16:02:02] <adrianfarrel> Speak for yourself
[16:02:15] <oej> Slide: Following the IESG's work
[16:03:02] kapfer@jabber.isoc.org joins the room
[16:03:25] oej is now known as oej SCRIBE
[16:04:03] <oej SCRIBE> If you are in this room - why not help me out later on during open mic as a co-scribe? I am in the middle - need coverage of left and right hand microphones
[16:04:13] <oej SCRIBE> *** Slide: Expectations…
[16:04:43] <oej SCRIBE> *** Applauds for the ombudsteam
[16:04:52] svaldez@tls.ctf.network leaves the room
[16:05:13] <oej SCRIBE> Slide: Experiments
[16:05:52] kapfer@jabber.isoc.org leaves the room
[16:05:58] Cindy Morgan joins the room
[16:06:10] <Dave Thaler> the code of conduct RFC number on the slide should be RFC 7154 (not 7174)
[16:06:14] svaldez@tls.ctf.network joins the room
[16:06:44] Samuel Weiler joins the room
[16:06:55] <oej SCRIBE> https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7154
[16:06:59] <oej SCRIBE> Thanks Dave
[16:07:05] <oej SCRIBE> *** End of slides
[16:07:31] <oej SCRIBE> Next presentation: Leslie Daigle on the IAOC and IAD report
[16:07:43] <oej SCRIBE> Ray Pelletier speaking
[16:07:51] sftcd joins the room
[16:07:58] <oej SCRIBE> *** Slide: Berlin meeting snapshot
[16:08:07] <oej SCRIBE> 269 remote participants
[16:08:26] <Dave Crocker> lost the audio
[16:08:51] <oej SCRIBE> @meetecho - check
[16:08:58] <Meetecho> no issue here
[16:09:00] <oej SCRIBE> Or did you mean in the room, Dave?
[16:09:01] <SM> Dave, audio working here
[16:09:04] Dave Crocker leaves the room
[16:09:05] Dave Crocker joins the room
[16:09:07] <fenton> Meetecho audio working for me
[16:09:14] <Simon Pietro Romano> @Dave: audio is ok for the remotes...
[16:09:15] <Meetecho> Dave Crocker: possibly connectivity issue for you
[16:09:23] <oej SCRIBE> Dave reconnect
[16:09:24] <Meetecho> anyway, no need to rejoin if you loose audio
[16:09:29] <oej SCRIBE> *** slide: hackathon
[16:09:32] <Meetecho> there's a "reconnect audio" button now
[16:09:44] <Meetecho> top-left area of the UI, under the IETF logo
[16:09:49] <oej SCRIBE> *** Slide: Bits-N-Bites
[16:09:56] <Meetecho> next to the volume controls
[16:10:01] Takuya Miyasaka joins the room
[16:10:02] <oej SCRIBE> *** Slide: Sponsors (connectivity)
[16:10:14] <oej SCRIBE> *** Slide sponsors
[16:10:23] <oej SCRIBE> *** Slide: Acknowledgements - Code sprint
[16:10:38] <oej SCRIBE> *** Slide: NOC Team
[16:10:58] <oej SCRIBE> I see you @meetecho!
[16:11:04] <oej SCRIBE> *** Slide: Legal matters
[16:11:05] <Meetecho> yay!
[16:11:11] <oej SCRIBE> Leslie Dalglie speaking
[16:11:17] <oej SCRIBE> *** Slide: Update
[16:11:39] <oej SCRIBE> *** Slide: meetings IETF 100
[16:12:50] <oej SCRIBE> *** Seeking to improve guidance
[16:13:23] <oej SCRIBE> Join the MTGVENUE working group if you are interested in discussions about locations for the IETF
[16:13:54] S Huque leaves the room
[16:14:16] <oej SCRIBE> *** Slide IAOC Transparancy
[16:14:31] <oej SCRIBE> *** Slide: BCP 101 compliance internal review
[16:15:02] <oej SCRIBE> https://tools.ietf.org/html/bcp101
[16:15:12] <oej SCRIBE> *** Slide: Other transparency issues
[16:15:24] <oej SCRIBE> *** Slide: Hotel contracts
[16:16:09] Paventhan Arumugam leaves the room
[16:16:27] <oej SCRIBE> Section: IAOC Committees
[16:16:35] <oej SCRIBE> *** Slide: IAOC Structure, size
[16:16:46] adamb joins the room
[16:17:23] <oej SCRIBE> Leslie asks for NOMCOM volounteers
[16:17:35] <oej SCRIBE> "Diversity starts here" - Leslie
[16:17:42] <oej SCRIBE> *** Slide: IAOC Committees
[16:18:31] <oej SCRIBE> *** Slide: Looking for volunteers
[16:19:20] sftcd leaves the room
[16:19:36] rdroms leaves the room
[16:19:43] <oej SCRIBE> *** Slide: Filed for offline viewing
[16:19:49] <oej SCRIBE> — Leslie done
[16:20:07] <oej SCRIBE> Tobias Gondrom - IETF Trust chair speaking
[16:20:22] <oej SCRIBE> Slide deck: IETF Trust Report
[16:20:29] <oej SCRIBE> *** Slide: Administrativia
[16:20:53] <oej SCRIBE> *** Slide: IETF Trust: Year of Change
[16:20:57] nygren joins the room
[16:21:29] <oej SCRIBE> *** Slide: Trust & IANA IPR
[16:22:02] <oej SCRIBE> *** Slide: IANA related preparations of drafts
[16:22:42] <oej SCRIBE> *** Slide: Trust Finances
[16:23:10] hildjj leaves the room
[16:23:14] <oej SCRIBE> *** Slide: Trust financial statements
[16:23:36] <oej SCRIBE> **** Slide: May trust statement
[16:23:52] <oej SCRIBE> *** Slide: Trust agreements with ISOC
[16:24:01] <oej SCRIBE> Thank you ISOC!
[16:24:25] <oej SCRIBE> *** Slide: Adoption of new policies
[16:24:37] <oej SCRIBE> *** Slide: misc & contract updates
[16:25:37] <oej SCRIBE> *** Slide: Any questions
[16:25:53] <oej SCRIBE> Jari speaking
[16:26:13] <oej SCRIBE> Next section: NOMCOM
[16:26:32] <oej SCRIBE> Lucy Lynch speaking
[16:26:40] <oej SCRIBE> *** Slide: NomCom 2016-2017
[16:27:15] <oej SCRIBE> *** Slide: positions to be filled
[16:27:15] Yoshiro Yoneya leaves the room
[16:27:16] Shinta Sato leaves the room
[16:27:31] Sean Leonard joins the room
[16:27:34] <oej SCRIBE> *** Slide: Short remarks
[16:28:33] <oej SCRIBE> "I would like to be spoiled for choice" - Lucy
[16:28:49] <oej SCRIBE> Next: Heather talking about RFC
[16:28:59] <oej SCRIBE> RFC Series Editor
[16:29:14] <oej SCRIBE> *** Slide: RFC Format Project Update
[16:29:52] nygren leaves the room
[16:30:22] <oej SCRIBE> "I know that all of you are desperate to implement this" - Heather
[16:30:42] <oej SCRIBE> jari speaking
[16:30:56] <oej SCRIBE> Next: Lars Eggert, IRTF Update
[16:30:59] Yoshiro Yoneya joins the room
[16:31:13] <oej SCRIBE> *** Slide: IRTF meetings this week
[16:32:08] <oej SCRIBE> *** Slide: Send input on IRTF Chair Candidates
[16:32:39] <oej SCRIBE> Send comments about candidates latest on Friday!
[16:32:54] Phillip Hallam-Baker joins the room
[16:33:00] <oej SCRIBE> *** Slide: Applied Networking research Prize
[16:33:18] <Phillip Hallam-Baker> Minimize the BA chat room? That still exists?
[16:33:30] <oej SCRIBE> How do you mean?
[16:33:42] <oej SCRIBE> *** Slide: Five years of ANRPs
[16:33:59] Shinta Sato joins the room
[16:35:01] <oej SCRIBE> *** Applied Networking REsearch WOrkshop 2016
[16:35:23] bclaise joins the room
[16:37:03] <oej SCRIBE> —end of IRTF discussion
[16:37:08] <oej SCRIBE> Next: Kathy Brown ISOC
[16:37:55] <oej SCRIBE> "Two thirds of our funding is meeting based" - Jari
[16:38:03] Paventhan Arumugam joins the room
[16:38:23] <oej SCRIBE> Slide deck: IETF Endowment www.sustainietf.org <http://www.sustainietf.org>
[16:39:01] <oej SCRIBE> *** ALert: Good news coming :-)
[16:39:16] jgs joins the room
[16:40:04] Phillip Hallam-Baker joins the room
[16:40:31] <oej SCRIBE> infusion of 3 million dolalrs
[16:40:35] <oej SCRIBE> dollars
[16:40:39] <oej SCRIBE> *** Applauds ***
[16:40:41] Phillip Hallam-Baker leaves the room
[16:41:01] <oej SCRIBE> The goal is to have 20 million dollars
[16:41:27] <JcK> FWIW, Kathy just said "used to be called 'Open Standards Endowment".  If that were true, there never would have been a controversy about the switch.   But is was "Open Internet Endowment", a goose of a different color.
[16:41:27] <oej SCRIBE> Afrinic
[16:41:31] <oej SCRIBE> Arin
[16:41:35] <oej SCRIBE> Ripe NCC
[16:41:40] Victor Kuarsingh joins the room
[16:41:41] <oej SCRIBE> Internet Society
[16:41:48] Steve Donovan joins the room
[16:42:42] <oej SCRIBE> — photo-session and plaque distribution
[16:43:28] <oej SCRIBE> Afrinic ??? speaking
[16:43:51] <oej SCRIBE> John Curran, CEO of Arin speaking
[16:44:30] <oej SCRIBE> Christian Kauffman Ripe NCC
[16:44:36] <oej SCRIBE> speaking
[16:45:17] <oej SCRIBE> Gonzalo Camarillo speaking
[16:45:20] sftcd joins the room
[16:45:59] Melinda joins the room
[16:46:15] Spencer Dawkins joins the room
[16:46:53] <oej SCRIBE> Jari speaking again
[16:47:24] <oej SCRIBE> Next topic: IETF 97
[16:47:32] <oej SCRIBE> Speaker: ??
[16:47:49] <Spencer Dawkins> Yi Zhao
[16:47:59] sftcd leaves the room
[16:48:19] <oej SCRIBE> Thank you Spencer
[16:48:56] <oej SCRIBE> You can get your logo on this slide !
[16:49:11] <oej SCRIBE> *** slide IETF 97 Hackathon
[16:49:52] Phillip Hallam-Baker joins the room
[16:50:25] <oej SCRIBE> We need to attract Open Source teams
[16:50:43] <oej SCRIBE> (personal) Maybe give them stands on bits-N-bytes ?
[16:50:49] Spencer Dawkins leaves the room
[16:51:02] Spencer Dawkins joins the room
[16:51:13] <oej SCRIBE> Jari speaking again
[16:51:31] eicht joins the room
[16:51:34] eicht leaves the room
[16:51:40] <oej SCRIBE> Next upp: Ross Callon
[16:51:44] <oej SCRIBE> Slide deck: Keep it simple - the cost of (too many) standards
[16:51:58] eicht joins the room
[16:53:24] <oej SCRIBE> ** Slide: Too many options
[16:54:24] Spencer Dawkins leaves the room
[16:54:35] <oej SCRIBE> *** Slide: Example: VPNs and encapsulations
[16:55:23] Spencer Dawkins joins the room
[16:56:33] <oej SCRIBE> ( A very long list of Encapsulations)
[16:57:09] Phillip Hallam-Baker leaves the room
[16:57:32] Steve Donovan leaves the room
[16:57:36] <oej SCRIBE> (And a even longer list of combinations)
[16:58:58] eicht leaves the room
[16:59:00] <oej SCRIBE> *** Slide: A perspective
[17:00:44] Steve Donovan joins the room
[17:00:52] Spencer Dawkins leaves the room
[17:01:03] Spencer Dawkins joins the room
[17:01:26] <oej SCRIBE> "No one vendor could have done this" - Ross about the INternet
[17:01:42] <oej SCRIBE> *** Slide: A perspective, continued…
[17:02:18] <oej SCRIBE> "The Internet exists because of multi-vendor and multi-service-provider interoperability" - Ross Callon
[17:02:42] <Dave Crocker> Ross said "if we'd had 10 different versions of IP".  In fact, the OSI folk had multiple network layer and multiple transport layer cjpoces.  So we have an actual existence proof for the lack of interoperability.
[17:03:16] Derek Atkins joins the room
[17:03:17] Sean Leonard leaves the room
[17:03:19] <oej SCRIBE> *** Slide: What about private nets?
[17:03:20] Sean Leonard joins the room
[17:04:13] <oej SCRIBE> *** Slide: Summary
[17:05:30] <oej SCRIBE> "We all need to take up the challenge to do what is best for the Internet and it's technologies" - Ross Callon
[17:06:09] <oej SCRIBE> — that's all, thank you - Ross
[17:06:25] <oej SCRIBE> Jari speaking
[17:07:17] <oej SCRIBE> How many meetings was it for Ross?
[17:07:31] <oej SCRIBE> 30 years
[17:07:52] <oej SCRIBE> Standing ovations
[17:08:24] RjS leaves the room
[17:08:24] <oej SCRIBE> *** Open Mic
[17:08:24] jgs leaves the room
[17:08:41] <oej SCRIBE> For this - please use the Meetecho awsome system.
[17:09:04] <oej SCRIBE> If you are *NOT* on meetecho, please prefix what you want relayed with "mic:"
[17:09:26] <oej SCRIBE> IAB open mic
[17:10:28] <oej SCRIBE> And I do need help covering the microphones in other parts of the room
[17:10:36] <oej SCRIBE> Mikael Abrahamsson speaking now
[17:10:59] Matthew Sargent leaves the room
[17:11:03] Matthew Sargent joins the room
[17:11:06] frodek leaves the room
[17:11:52] <oej SCRIBE> Andrew Sullivan speaking
[17:11:58] <oej SCRIBE> Ted Hardie speaking
[17:12:45] Alice Mahoney joins the room
[17:13:35] <oej SCRIBE> RUss Housley (IAB)
[17:13:39] adamb leaves the room
[17:14:20] <oej SCRIBE> Joe Hildebrand speaking
[17:14:28] <oej SCRIBE> IAB
[17:14:45] <oej SCRIBE> Mentioning ACME and Let's Encrypt
[17:15:18] <oej SCRIBE> Mikael Abrahamsson speaking
[17:15:25] <oej SCRIBE> at the mic
[17:15:26] Cristel Pelsser joins the room
[17:15:49] <oej SCRIBE> "If we were satisfied with the Internet we would just go home" - Andrew Sullivan
[17:16:50] <oej SCRIBE> Mikael Abrahamsson speaking again at floor mic
[17:16:54] jgs joins the room
[17:17:42] Behcet Sarikaya joins the room
[17:17:47] <oej SCRIBE> Ted Hardie (IAB) speaking
[17:18:16] <oej SCRIBE> Lars Eggert -IRTF - speaking
[17:18:20] Samuel Weiler leaves the room
[17:18:25] <oej SCRIBE> #MoreCrypto for everyone!
[17:18:49] Spencer Dawkins leaves the room
[17:18:55] <oej SCRIBE> I see no one in the MeetEcho queue
[17:19:02] Spencer Dawkins joins the room
[17:19:02] <oej SCRIBE> step forward
[17:19:08] <adrianfarrel> Don Hollander
[17:19:16] frodek joins the room
[17:19:21] <oej SCRIBE> Thanks
[17:19:37] <oej SCRIBE> Ted Hardie (IAB) responding
[17:20:17] Cindy Morgan_8406 joins the room
[17:20:20] Cindy Morgan leaves the room
[17:20:27] bclaise leaves the room
[17:20:31] <oej SCRIBE> On the topic of Unicode glyphs looking the same on screen, but being very different
[17:20:55] Spencer Dawkins leaves the room
[17:21:53] <oej SCRIBE> ä and ä are actually different code points - one is ä and the other is a + ¨
[17:22:02] <oej SCRIBE> Andrew Sullivan speaking
[17:23:31] <oej SCRIBE> "A lot of the people on the internet does not use latin characters" - Andrew Sullivan. It's a new world on the Internet. Don't assume ASCII and don't specify "text strings" in specs
[17:23:54] <oej SCRIBE> "Unicode was invented for a different problem" - Andrew Sullivan
[17:24:15] Kristopher Price joins the room
[17:24:16] <oej SCRIBE> ??? speaking
[17:24:25] <SM> Dave Thaler?
[17:24:25] Takuya Miyasaka leaves the room
[17:24:36] Dave Thaler leaves the room
[17:24:38] <oej SCRIBE> Tom Herbert
[17:24:59] <oej SCRIBE> Yes it was Dave. Thanks!
[17:25:10] <oej SCRIBE> Tom on the floor
[17:25:14] svaldez@tls.ctf.network leaves the room: Replaced by new connection
[17:25:14] svaldez@tls.ctf.network joins the room
[17:25:40] <oej SCRIBE> Joe Hildebrand (IAB) responding
[17:26:23] <oej SCRIBE> Dave Thaler again (IAB)
[17:27:06] <oej SCRIBE> Everything over X where X was HTTP and now is UDP is a problem ;-)
[17:27:55] <Dave Crocker> Telnet was not a tape model.
[17:28:09] <oej SCRIBE> ??? Speaking (sorry, can't match face with IAB member list)
[17:28:18] <Lorenzo Miniero> Brian Trammell
[17:28:24] <oej SCRIBE> Thanks
[17:29:01] <oej SCRIBE> No beard today. No match with photo ;-)
[17:29:25] <oej SCRIBE> Someone pls cover left hand side mic, someone waiting in line
[17:30:14] <oej SCRIBE> Tom speaking from floor again
[17:32:06] <oej SCRIBE> ??? speaking from left side mic (have no binoculars)
[17:32:28] Steve Donovan leaves the room
[17:32:59] <Lorenzo Miniero> and here I thought you had scribe superpowers!
[17:33:23] <oej SCRIBE> I apologize for disappointing you Lorenzo… have no superscribe hat!
[17:33:36] <Lorenzo Miniero> :D
[17:33:42] <oej SCRIBE> Peter Löthberg speaking from floor
[17:33:45] <JcK> It is starting to feel as if we need to reply some of the "hourglass" presentations from the first half of the 90s and earlier.
[17:33:45] John Leslie leaves the room
[17:33:56] <JcK> s/reply/replay/
[17:34:14] John Leslie joins the room
[17:34:17] <oej SCRIBE> ha ha. Yeah, that makes snese
[17:34:29] <oej SCRIBE> Peter: Traffic grows with 50% per year now
[17:35:03] <oej SCRIBE> It will be interesting how long it takes for him to compose a question
[17:35:03] frodek leaves the room
[17:35:21] <oej SCRIBE> Peter: How about looking forward?
[17:35:30] <oej SCRIBE> Peter: Asking for simulation data
[17:36:22] <oej SCRIBE> Let's not build tomorrow's internet based on yesterday's problems
[17:36:31] <oej SCRIBE> Stewart Chesire from floor
[17:36:53] <oej SCRIBE> —mic line closed
[17:37:32] <oej SCRIBE> "An address per process" - yay! Now we're talking
[17:37:43] <oej SCRIBE> Joe Hildebrand (IAB) responding
[17:37:45] <Dave Crocker> Stuart's point echos the difference between IP and the XNS equivalent, which DID contain the 'port'' equivalent.
[17:38:09] <adrianfarrel> PHB at mic
[17:38:22] <oej SCRIBE> Phillip Hallam-Baker speaking from floor
[17:39:01] <oej SCRIBE> On the topic of middle boxes
[17:39:47] <oej SCRIBE> "allow it to work or break it" - the options for middleboxes according to PHB
[17:40:04] <oej SCRIBE> "allow the applications to have the maximum innovation" - PHB
[17:40:36] <oej SCRIBE> Lee Howard (IAB) speaking
[17:41:39] <oej SCRIBE> Brian Trammel speaking from
[17:42:24] <oej SCRIBE> — Next IAOC/TRUST/IAD in the front
[17:42:34] <oej SCRIBE> Leslie Dalglie speaking
[17:42:52] Gustavo Lozano joins the room
[17:43:36] <oej SCRIBE> Lee howard from floor now
[17:43:58] <oej SCRIBE> We have data on request from t-shirts… (hiding)
[17:44:08] <oej SCRIBE> Ray Pelletier speaking
[17:44:10] Samuel Weiler joins the room
[17:44:15] <oej SCRIBE> ten percent women here
[17:44:16] John Demco joins the room
[17:44:38] <oej SCRIBE> Stewart Bryant speaking
[17:44:47] <oej SCRIBE> Bringing up the Cookie Distribution Algorithm
[17:44:52] <oej SCRIBE> IETF CDA
[17:45:12] <oej SCRIBE> Leslie responding from stage
[17:45:27] <oej SCRIBE> Jari speaking again
[17:45:41] <oej SCRIBE> — Next IESG on stage for open mic
[17:46:05] <oej SCRIBE> Reminder: Meetecho users can use the Meetecho system to ask questions. For others, please prefix with "Mic:" in this channel and I'll relay
[17:46:15] <oej SCRIBE> Tons of people on stage
[17:46:23] Dave Thaler joins the room
[17:46:56] <oej SCRIBE> https://www.ietf.org/iesg/members.html
[17:47:19] Dave Crocker leaves the room
[17:47:29] Dave Crocker joins the room
[17:47:29] Chaals joins the room
[17:47:49] <oej SCRIBE> I will need help identifying people on stage here :-)
[17:47:57] <oej SCRIBE> Andrew SUllivan speaking
[17:48:06] <oej SCRIBE> We're open for questions
[17:48:17] <oej SCRIBE> Michael Richardsson on floor
[17:48:21] John Demco leaves the room
[17:48:59] Takuya Miyasaka joins the room
[17:50:17] Shinta Sato leaves the room
[17:50:44] <oej SCRIBE> Stephen Farrell responding
[17:51:07] <Dave Crocker> Thursday even is available for unstructured time.
[17:51:16] <oej SCRIBE> Robert Sparks moving to mic
[17:51:31] <oej SCRIBE> Kathleen Moriarty speaking
[17:51:50] <oej SCRIBE> Alia Atlas speaking
[17:52:46] <oej SCRIBE> Spencer Dawkins speaking
[17:53:26] <oej SCRIBE> No one seems to have been using the meeting board in the foyer for bar-bofs
[17:53:55] <oej SCRIBE> (my note)
[17:54:04] <oej SCRIBE> Robert Sparks speaking
[17:55:02] <oej SCRIBE> "more ad-hoc meetings"
[17:55:30] Behcet Sarikaya leaves the room: offline
[17:55:33] <oej SCRIBE> "We don't want to cut the remote participants out" - RJS
[17:56:01] Kristopher Price leaves the room
[17:56:01] <oej SCRIBE> Stephen farrell speaking
[17:56:09] <oej SCRIBE> Spencer speaking from stage
[17:57:25] <oej SCRIBE> Mark Nottingham from floor
[17:57:56] <oej SCRIBE> HTTP/2 had seven interim meetings
[17:59:13] <oej SCRIBE> ??? speaking from stage
[17:59:47] <oej SCRIBE> Mark again
[17:59:52] <SM> Alvaro?
[18:00:01] <oej SCRIBE> Alissa Cooper speaking
[18:00:35] <oej SCRIBE> https://www.ietf.org/iesg/bio/alvaro-retana.html doesn't look like his photo :-)
[18:00:45] <oej SCRIBE> Stephen Farrell speaking
[18:01:07] <oej SCRIBE> Lars Eggert from floor
[18:01:16] Ray Atarashi leaves the room
[18:01:57] <oej SCRIBE> Jari Arko speaking
[18:02:07] <oej SCRIBE> Joel from stage
[18:02:21] <oej SCRIBE> Joel Jaggli
[18:04:22] <oej SCRIBE> Spencer speaking
[18:04:36] <oej SCRIBE> ?? speaking from left hand side
[18:06:36] <oej SCRIBE> ?? from right hand side
[18:06:41] Michael Richardson joins the room
[18:06:47] <Chaals> s/??/Chaals from Yandex/
[18:07:17] <oej SCRIBE> Phillip Hallam-Baker speaking
[18:07:25] <Michael Richardson> so, I have yet to see a remote attendee so far... how about others...
[18:07:27] Daniel K. joins the room
[18:07:40] <oej SCRIBE> We have had several in multiple meetings
[18:07:45] <oej SCRIBE> Even remote presentations
[18:08:04] <Chaals> Chaals from Yandex was the guy speaking from the left, talking about time limits.
[18:08:05] <JcK> @Chaals: perhaps attention spans have changed in the 40 or so years since I was working with the folks who had done the actual controlled experiments in the area, but, at least then, the serious attention and functionality drop off occurred at two hours, not one.  But a 2 1/2 hour session -- or back to back 90 minute ones, have incredibly high odds of deteriorating into uselessness long before the end.
[18:08:45] <Michael Richardson> other meetings I've seen more... but I guess in the WGs I've been in, there were none.... I've been remote.. Just curious about actual usage.
[18:09:17] <oej SCRIBE> Jari responding from stage
[18:09:33] <oej SCRIBE> Stephen Farrel from stage
[18:09:35] <Meetecho> we've had several remote attendees in the virtual queue actually
[18:10:36] <oej SCRIBE> Alia Atlas speaking
[18:10:42] <oej SCRIBE> from stage
[18:11:10] <oej SCRIBE> ???
[18:11:14] <oej SCRIBE> speaking from floor
[18:11:16] Shinta Sato joins the room
[18:11:17] <Dave Thaler> Pat Thaler at mic
[18:11:28] Phillip Hallam-Baker leaves the room
[18:11:44] <oej SCRIBE> Lorenzo waiting on left hand side of room
[18:12:49] adrianfarrel joins the room
[18:12:52] DanYork leaves the room
[18:13:03] Samuel Jero leaves the room
[18:13:04] <oej SCRIBE> Lee from floor
[18:13:24] Melinda leaves the room
[18:13:28] <oej SCRIBE> We're done - thank you all!
[18:13:37] Yoshiro Yoneya leaves the room
[18:13:38] <SM> Thanks to the scribe
[18:13:44] Paventhan Arumugam leaves the room
[18:13:54] <Simon Pietro Romano> Kudos to oej ;-)
[18:13:57] svaldez@tls.ctf.network leaves the room
[18:14:05] SM leaves the room
[18:14:05] John Klensin leaves the room
[18:14:06] Dave Crocker leaves the room
[18:14:07] John Leslie leaves the room
[18:14:09] Meetecho leaves the room
[18:14:28] <oej SCRIBE> You're welcome!
[18:14:31] Samuel Weiler leaves the room
[18:14:32] Jim Fenton leaves the room
[18:14:36] Cindy Morgan_8406 leaves the room
[18:14:37] Alice Mahoney leaves the room
[18:14:37] oej SCRIBE leaves the room
[18:14:37] Cristel Pelsser leaves the room
[18:14:42] Takuya Miyasaka leaves the room
[18:14:42] Simon Pietro Romano leaves the room
[18:14:42] Daniel K. leaves the room
[18:14:42] S M leaves the room
[18:14:42] Lorenzo Miniero leaves the room
[18:14:43] Matthew Sargent leaves the room
[18:14:47] Sean Leonard leaves the room
[18:14:52] Gustavo Lozano leaves the room
[18:15:03] JcK leaves the room
[18:15:16] fenton leaves the room
[18:15:17] Derek Atkins leaves the room
[18:15:22] Scott Morizot leaves the room
[18:15:28] Sean Turner leaves the room
[18:15:33] Stephanie Huguenin leaves the room
[18:25:07] adrianfarrel leaves the room
[18:25:37] Dave Thaler leaves the room
[18:26:37] adrianfarrel leaves the room
[18:26:45] Victor Kuarsingh leaves the room: Disconnected: BOSH client silent for over 60 seconds
[18:28:07] Chaals leaves the room: Disconnected: No route to host
[18:33:43] Yoshiro Yoneya joins the room
[18:35:48] Michael Richardson leaves the room: Disconnected: closed
[18:46:07] Yoshiro Yoneya leaves the room
[19:36:04] Shinta Sato leaves the room
[20:28:40] Phillip Hallam-Baker joins the room
[20:49:13] Chaals joins the room
[21:10:16] adrianfarrel joins the room
[21:11:37] jgs leaves the room
[21:12:18] adrianfarrel joins the room
[21:16:37] Chaals leaves the room: Disconnected: BOSH client silent for over 60 seconds
[21:20:20] Chaals joins the room
[21:22:38] adrianfarrel leaves the room
[21:26:57] Phillip Hallam-Baker leaves the room
[21:27:37] Shinta Sato joins the room
[21:28:03] Shinta Sato leaves the room
[21:39:47] Yoshiro Yoneya joins the room
[21:41:17] Yoshiro Yoneya leaves the room
[21:42:39] jgs joins the room
[21:44:07] adrianfarrel leaves the room
[21:55:37] jgs leaves the room
[22:43:26] jgs joins the room
[22:56:07] jgs leaves the room
[23:02:33] Chaals leaves the room: Disconnected: Replaced by new connection
[23:02:50] Chaals joins the room
[23:18:03] mcr joins the room
[23:23:09] mcr leaves the room
[23:27:36] Chaals leaves the room: Disconnected: No route to host
[23:39:51] mcr joins the room
[23:44:20] jgs joins the room
[23:57:38] jgs leaves the room
Powered by ejabberd - robust, scalable and extensible XMPP server Powered by Erlang Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS!