IETF
rtcweb@jabber.ietf.org
Thursday, July 24, 2014< ^ >
martin.thomson has set the subject to: RTCWEB WG http://tools.ietf.org/wg/rtcweb/agenda
Room Configuration
Room Occupants

GMT+0
[09:53:03] wseltzer joins the room
[11:12:34] wseltzer leaves the room
[11:13:46] wseltzer joins the room
[11:39:22] wseltzer joins the room
[11:40:34] wseltzer leaves the room
[13:03:34] wseltzer joins the room
[13:10:35] wseltzer leaves the room
[13:58:39] mlepinski joins the room
[13:58:45] mlepinski leaves the room
[15:04:06] wseltzer leaves the room
[15:30:49] wseltzer joins the room
[16:59:37] wseltzer leaves the room
[17:01:37] wseltzer joins the room
[19:11:38] wseltzer leaves the room
[19:15:44] alessandro amirante joins the room
[19:16:01] alessandro amirante leaves the room
[19:16:14] alessandro amirante joins the room
[19:17:00] Lorenzo Miniero joins the room
[19:18:02] Xavier Marjou joins the room
[19:19:07] alessandro amirante leaves the room
[19:19:07] Lorenzo Miniero leaves the room
[19:20:05] John Leslie joins the room
[19:20:23] Lorenzo Miniero joins the room
[19:21:09] Geert Van der Auwera joins the room
[19:21:16] tuexen joins the room
[19:21:49] Jonathan Lennox joins the room
[19:21:53] wseltzer joins the room
[19:23:48] Xavier Marjou leaves the room
[19:24:02] Xavier Marjou joins the room
[19:24:06] frodek joins the room
[19:26:19] <Lorenzo Miniero> issues with the mixer in the back, delaying a bit due to that
[19:26:56] <Lorenzo Miniero> I'll capture audio through my laptop until that, sorry for this
[19:27:00] <Lorenzo Miniero> woeking on a fix
[19:28:24] Cullen Jennings joins the room
[19:28:26] resnick joins the room
[19:28:41] ale ami joins the room
[19:28:42] <Lorenzo Miniero> Presentation is over
[19:28:53] <resnick> I will relay comments from the jabber room to the mic. Please put "MIC" in your comment if you want it said in the room.
[19:29:20] Lorenzo Miniero leaves the room
[19:29:41] suhas nandakumar joins the room
[19:29:51] Lorenzo Miniero joins the room
[19:30:06] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 2: Current rtcweb-audio
[19:30:08] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 3: Proposed addition
[19:30:09] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 4: Why is this desirable?
[19:30:44] <Lorenzo Miniero> everything should back normal... Meetecho room available: http://www.meetecho.com/ietf90/rtcweb_II
[19:31:09] ale ami leaves the room
[19:31:31] a aa joins the room
[19:31:33] Ted.h joins the room
[19:32:06] <Ted.h> http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/90/slides/slides-90-rtcweb-9.ppt is the slide deck for the RMCAT update, which will be after this presentation.
[19:32:15] <Lorenzo Miniero> tnx
[19:33:49] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 3: Proposed addition
[19:34:26] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 4: Why is this desirable?
[19:34:27] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 5: Discussion at the last interim
[19:34:28] Harald Alvestrand joins the room
[19:35:45] Randell Jesup joins the room
[19:35:53] <Xavier Marjou> +1 for adoption
[19:36:21] burn joins the room
[19:36:31] <Lorenzo Miniero> Presentation is over
[19:36:34] Cullen Jennings leaves the room
[19:37:00] <Lorenzo Miniero> Karen Nielsen: RMCAT Status Update
[19:37:02] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 2: WG Status (1)
[19:38:12] <resnick> Repeating for latecomers: I will relay comments from the jabber room to the mic. Please put "MIC" in your comment if you want it said in the room. (Also, if you're in through meetecho, tell me your name, since my client is too stupid.)
[19:38:41] <Lorenzo Miniero> :)
[19:38:46] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 3: WG Status (2)
[19:40:07] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 4: Be aware of …
[19:42:38] Jonathan Lennox leaves the room
[19:42:43] Jonathan Lennox joins the room
[19:44:12] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 5: Please stay on for..
[19:44:56] Pete Resnick joins the room
[19:45:18] Xavier Marjou leaves the room
[19:45:20] Cullen Jennings joins the room
[19:45:24] <a aa> harald. you're up
[19:45:40] <Lorenzo Miniero> just a second I'm ptting you on beamer
[19:46:09] <Lorenzo Miniero> ok go on :)
[19:46:10] <Ted.h> We can see you harald,
[19:46:17] <Ted.h> We can't hear you.
[19:46:19] Xavier Marjou joins the room
[19:46:39] <Lorenzo Miniero> Presentation is over
[19:46:41] <Ted.h> Yes, we see the slides
[19:47:01] <resnick> But do we see his schlides?
[19:48:03] Xavier Marjou leaves the room
[19:49:16] Xavier Marjou joins the room
[19:49:34] Simon Romano joins the room
[19:51:14] <resnick> /me, being terrible with names, did not catch the name of the last person or this one, seeing only their backs.
[19:51:40] <Jonathan Lennox> I (the last speaker) was Jonathan Lennox.  This was Andrew Allen.
[19:51:53] <resnick> Thanks Jonathan.
[19:51:55] <Jonathan Lennox> And I see that our Jabber ends up on the screen.
[19:52:29] Sean Turner joins the room
[19:53:36] tob cast joins the room
[19:53:43] <resnick> And that was....?
[19:53:58] Xavier Marjou leaves the room
[19:54:11] <Jonathan Lennox> That one I didn't catch. :-(
[19:54:28] <Harald Alvestrand> uwe rauschenbach, I think - the sound may be better here
[19:54:57] <resnick> If someone is close to the mic and can see name tags, I think that would be appreciated.
[19:55:20] <resnick> Before Uwe was Chris <somebody>.
[19:55:39] <Jonathan Lennox> Andrew Allen at the mic again, followed by Keith Drage and Paul Kyzviat.
[19:55:46] <resnick> Well done.
[19:56:05] <resnick> Harald now looks rather imposing. :-)
[19:56:06] tuexen leaves the room
[19:57:53] <resnick> Uwe raises his hand.
[19:58:00] <resnick> Chris also volunteers.
[19:58:11] <Ted.h> We note Christer and Uwe as volunteers
[19:58:51] <resnick> Jonathan heads for the mic.
[19:59:13] <Sean Turner> how about I draft and email as a response to the WG and send it to you
[19:59:57] <resnick> A shed made for bicycles is discussed.
[20:00:13] <resnick> Keith Drage now.
[20:00:57] <resnick> Christer now.
[20:01:47] <resnick> RTC Web Transport discussion now.
[20:05:04] <Jonathan Lennox> Andrew Hutton at the mic, followed by Cullen Jennings and ??
[20:05:15] <resnick> David Black.
[20:06:40] <resnick> Now David.
[20:07:58] tuexen joins the room
[20:10:21] <resnick> Paul K back to the mic.
[20:10:29] <resnick> And then Keith D.
[20:10:36] <resnick> Or not...
[20:10:58] <resnick> Keith D. now.
[20:11:51] <Ted.h> Your audio is good so far.
[20:11:52] <Randell Jesup> I heard the breakup from the room too
[20:11:56] <Randell Jesup> harald is good
[20:12:03] <Cullen Jennings> HTA sounds good in the room
[20:13:07] m&m joins the room
[20:14:48] <resnick> Nobody rushes the mic.
[20:15:01] Paolo saviano joins the room
[20:15:42] Sean Turner leaves the room
[20:17:15] <resnick> Jonathan Lennox.
[20:17:20] <resnick> (Missed who preceded him)
[20:17:36] Paolo saviano leaves the room
[20:17:47] <Jonathan Lennox> Colin Perkins before me
[20:17:57] <resnick> Justin (color: Black)
[20:18:00] <Randell Jesup> That's not a color!
[20:18:58] <resnick> Mary Barnes
[20:19:02] <Ted.h> fuchsia
[20:19:14] <Ted.h> (Sorry Marry said Fuchsia)
[20:19:25] <resnick> Adam Roach (colorless)
[20:20:35] <Lorenzo Miniero> can you release the slides Harald?
[20:20:42] <Harald Alvestrand> Presentation is over
[20:20:45] <Lorenzo Miniero> tnx!
[20:20:46] <Ted.h> In fairness, Adam was on a different topic, and I said only those on that topic needed to give a color.
[20:20:51] <Harald Alvestrand> I got an internal server errror when I hit the "stop" button to mute myself. Hope tis is not a bad thing.
[20:21:01] <Lorenzo Miniero> hopefully not :)
[20:21:07] <Lorenzo Miniero> everything was smooth here
[20:21:18] <Harald Alvestrand> I liked it :-)
[20:21:29] <Lorenzo Miniero> glad we could be of help!
[20:21:44] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 2: What is this?
[20:21:57] Lorenzo Miniero leaves the room
[20:22:09] Lorenzo Miniero joins the room
[20:22:24] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 3: And where did all these words
[20:22:30] <Jonathan Lennox> Justin Uberti at the mic.
[20:22:38] <Lorenzo Miniero> sorry, lost connectivity for a bit
[20:22:46] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 4: Open Issue: Color Space?
[20:23:24] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 5: Camera-Captured Video
[20:23:32] <Randell Jesup> audio has gotten weird/echoey
[20:23:43] <resnick> Giri Mandyam next.
[20:24:15] <Harald Alvestrand> Lorenzo, there's a huge amount of echo in the room now.
[20:24:27] <Harald Alvestrand> both adam's and the room mike.
[20:24:40] <Lorenzo Miniero> fixed?
[20:24:46] <Harald Alvestrand> that worked.
[20:24:54] <Lorenzo Miniero> my fault sorry, I was capturing audio locally as well when I came back...
[20:24:56] <Randell Jesup> mic: isn't this purely W3 side stuff?  Media Capture
[20:25:07] <resnick> Heading to the mic.
[20:25:28] <Jonathan Lennox> Cullen Jennings, at the floor mic
[20:25:43] <Randell Jesup> ignore, we can discuss this on list
[20:26:19] <resnick> Heading back to my seat.
[20:26:31] James joins the room
[20:26:52] <Jonathan Lennox> Justin Uberti
[20:26:54] <James> Anybody here?
[20:27:04] <Lorenzo Miniero> here where?
[20:27:55] James leaves the room: Disconnected: BOSH client silent for over 60 seconds
[20:28:21] <Jonathan Lennox> Stephan Wenger at the mic
[20:29:30] <Jonathan Lennox> Mo Zanaty
[20:29:32] <resnick> (Speaking personally: I agree with Stephan, normative language in this case is goofy.)
[20:29:50] <Randell Jesup> +1 to Mo, Stephan, etc.
[20:31:15] <resnick> Jonathan Lennox.
[20:32:24] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 6: Screen-Captured Video
[20:32:38] <resnick> Justin at the mic.
[20:34:58] <resnick> Jonathan at the mic.
[20:37:32] <Jonathan Lennox> Justin back at the mic, followed by Stephan.
[20:41:20] <Jonathan Lennox> Mo Zanaty
[20:41:41] frodek leaves the room
[20:44:15] <resnick> Justin at mic.
[20:44:53] <Harald Alvestrand> mic: we always intend to allow codecs beyond the MTI.
[20:45:39] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 7: General Codec Requirements
[20:45:47] suhas nandakumar leaves the room
[20:46:08] <resnick> Bernard Aboba
[20:47:00] <resnick> What does "MUST under certain circumstances" mean?
[20:47:44] <Ted.h> NOPE
[20:47:51] <resnick> +1 to Stephan: Normative language is silly here.
[20:48:30] <Jonathan Lennox> Gaelle Martin-Cocher
[20:48:33] <Randell Jesup> mic: Recommendations: sure.  Normative especially MUST: no...  Too hard to specify the interaction with the use-case here
[20:48:34] <resnick> Well done.
[20:48:42] <Randell Jesup> That's from randell jesup
[20:49:16] <Ted.h> Technically Gaëlle
[20:49:20] <Jonathan Lennox> Peter Thatcher
[20:49:34] <Randell Jesup> I've seen good VRS service done at 30fps but 144x176 (portrait qcif)
[20:49:52] <Harald Alvestrand> the ASCII codec doesn't support 320x240, I think....
[20:50:16] <resnick> mic that too Randall?
[20:50:30] <Harald Alvestrand> mic: these requirements make more sense as receiver recommendations than sender recommendations.
[20:50:52] uwe.rauschenbach joins the room
[20:50:57] <Harald Alvestrand> mic: senders do all sorts of things for all sorts of reasons, receivers have to handle what's thrown at them.
[20:52:14] <Randell Jesup> resnick: yes, please
[20:53:28] <Randell Jesup> thanks
[20:53:31] <Harald Alvestrand> Lorenzo, I lost the camera feed.
[20:53:36] <Randell Jesup> me too
[20:53:56] <Lorenzo Miniero> still down?
[20:54:09] <Lorenzo Miniero> I'll check give me a sec
[20:54:36] passive controller joins the room
[20:54:59] <resnick> Was Stephan, now Jonathan.
[20:55:16] tuexen leaves the room
[20:56:02] <Jonathan Lennox> Pete Resnick at the mic
[20:56:09] <Randell Jesup> Get and error message joining "Error joining room: not the room you were invited to, sorry"  And On this reload I lost audio
[20:56:30] <Randell Jesup> reloaded again, got audo
[20:57:14] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 8: Take a deep breath
[20:57:38] Lorenzo Miniero leaves the room
[20:57:53] Lorenzo Miniero joins the room
[20:58:12] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 9: VP8 Codec Requirements
[20:58:17] <Lorenzo Miniero> is video back?
[20:58:33] <Harald Alvestrand> No video. Presentation disappeared and came back.
[20:58:37] <Jonathan Lennox> Cullen Jennings at the mic
[20:58:44] Simon Romano leaves the room
[20:58:52] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 10: H.264 Codec Requirements
[20:58:57] <Harald Alvestrand> mic: the VP8 spec doesn't allow partial support for filters. We should merely refer to VP8 spec and shut up.
[20:59:01] Simon Romano joins the room
[20:59:19] <Lorenzo Miniero> try leaving and joining again Harald, that should fix video
[20:59:26] <resnick> Bernard at mic
[20:59:36] passive controller leaves the room
[20:59:47] <resnick> Jonathan at mic.
[20:59:52] Harald Alvestrand leaves the room
[21:00:04] <resnick> Speaking for Harald at the moment.
[21:00:22] tob cast leaves the room
[21:00:30] Harald Alvestrand joins the room
[21:00:37] <resnick> Capitalized "MIC" would make it less likely for me to miss it.
[21:00:41] tob cast joins the room
[21:00:49] <resnick> But thanks Jonathan for catching it.
[21:01:32] <resnick> Mo at mic
[21:01:36] <Harald Alvestrand> Dropped out and returned.... video is now fixed.
[21:02:00] <resnick> And previously that was Cullen and Jonathan talking over eachother.
[21:02:32] <Lorenzo Miniero> ok :)
[21:03:13] <resnick> WHo is this?
[21:03:33] <Ted.h> Dan Burnett
[21:03:44] <resnick> Cullen
[21:03:52] <resnick> Adam
[21:03:54] <resnick> Dan
[21:04:04] <resnick> Mo
[21:05:10] <resnick> Ted
[21:05:12] <Randell Jesup> Agree MUST mode 1.  (note, I'm an RFC6184 author).  Agree don't care much about mode-0 only interop anymore.
[21:05:15] <resnick> Adam
[21:05:24] <resnick> Stephan
[21:06:05] <resnick> Randell: mic?
[21:06:24] <resnick> Oh, Ted cut the line. Nevermind.
[21:06:41] <resnick> Take it to the list! ;-)
[21:07:14] <resnick> Jonathan
[21:08:37] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 11: VP9 Codec Requirements
[21:08:38] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 12: H.265 Codec Requirements
[21:08:39] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 13: Dealing with Packet Loss
[21:08:51] <resnick> (skipped 11 & 12)
[21:08:58] <resnick> Bernard
[21:09:54] <resnick> Justin
[21:10:27] <resnick> Bernard
[21:10:40] <resnick> (Ted cuts line at Jonathan)
[21:10:48] <resnick> Mo
[21:10:57] <resnick> Mo?
[21:11:03] <Ted.h> This is Colin Perkins, not Mo
[21:11:05] <resnick> I may have misidentified a back.
[21:11:15] <resnick> He snuck by me. :-)
[21:11:28] <resnick> Jonathan
[21:11:58] <resnick> Stephan sneaks in.
[21:12:04] <Lorenzo Miniero> I think you also called Andrew Hutton "Andrew Allen" a couple of times during Harald's presentations
[21:12:13] <Lorenzo Miniero> please anybody correct me if I'm wrong
[21:12:14] <Jonathan Lennox> My fault, I think. Sorry
[21:12:19] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 14: MTI Codec Discussion
[21:12:27] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 15: Are we missing anything?
[21:12:51] <resnick> Slide 14 only identified a former parrot.
[21:13:25] <resnick> Gaëlle
[21:15:36] <Cullen Jennings> is the RTP header ex for it an 3GPP spec? I foreget
[21:15:38] <resnick> Justin
[21:16:19] <resnick> Stephan
[21:16:51] tob cast leaves the room
[21:16:53] <resnick> Jonathan
[21:17:06] <resnick> Gaëlle
[21:17:11] <resnick> Jonathan
[21:17:20] <resnick> Gaëlle
[21:17:48] <resnick> ?
[21:17:52] Nils Ohlmeier joins the room
[21:17:58] <resnick> Mo
[21:18:11] <resnick> Gaëlle
[21:18:35] <Jonathan Lennox> The ? really was Andrew Alen
[21:18:37] <Jonathan Lennox> Allen
[21:18:47] <Jonathan Lennox> It's possible he really was one of the speakers earlier, as well.
[21:19:27] <resnick> Note for secretariat: Barcode reader at the mic would be a fine thing. :-)
[21:19:30] <Lorenzo Miniero> a couple of times it was Andrew Hutton, not sure it was him every time though
[21:19:47] <Lorenzo Miniero> we'll have to look at the recordings for that :)
[21:20:07] <resnick> Mo
[21:21:50] Ted.h leaves the room
[21:21:53] Geert Van der Auwera leaves the room
[21:21:56] <Harald Alvestrand> Bye folks!
[21:21:56] John Leslie leaves the room
[21:22:04] Harald Alvestrand leaves the room
[21:22:08] <Lorenzo Miniero> session's over! recordings available soon on http://ietf90.conf.meetecho.com
[21:22:15] <Lorenzo Miniero> bye Harald! enjoy the rest of your vacation :)
[21:22:27] Jonathan Lennox leaves the room
[21:22:28] <Lorenzo Miniero> Presentation is over
[21:22:30] a aa leaves the room
[21:22:41] Nils Ohlmeier leaves the room
[21:22:47] Simon Romano leaves the room
[21:22:56] Randell Jesup leaves the room
[21:23:01] Pete Resnick leaves the room
[21:23:19] Lorenzo Miniero leaves the room
[21:23:45] Cullen Jennings leaves the room
[21:23:46] burn leaves the room
[21:25:15] resnick leaves the room
[21:26:10] uwe.rauschenbach leaves the room
[21:28:59] Ted.h joins the room
[21:29:09] Ted.h leaves the room
[21:33:13] Jonathan Lennox joins the room
[21:33:21] Jonathan Lennox leaves the room
[21:34:40] wseltzer leaves the room
[21:38:46] m&m leaves the room: Disconnected: connection closed
[21:43:07] uwe.rauschenbach joins the room
[22:29:02] uwe.rauschenbach leaves the room
[23:16:41] Neustradamus leaves the room
[23:16:42] Neustradamus joins the room
[23:21:40] Neustradamus joins the room
[23:24:41] Neustradamus leaves the room
[23:24:51] Neustradamus joins the room
[23:33:11] Neustradamus leaves the room
Powered by ejabberd Powered by Erlang Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS!