IETF
tictoc
tictoc@jabber.ietf.org
Tuesday, July 30, 2013< ^ >
Room Configuration
Room Occupants

GMT+0
[06:59:42] talmizrahi joins the room
[07:00:27] <talmizrahi> hi Harlan
[07:01:02] Karen O'Donoghue joins the room
[07:02:22] Y(J)S joins the room
[07:02:51] <Y(J)S> Audio is fine and slides are on WebEx
[07:03:40] <talmizrahi> Agenda slides: http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/87/slides/slides-87-tictoc-6.pdf
[07:04:42] <Y(J)S> How many people in the room ?
[07:05:24] <talmizrahi> TICTOC status slides: http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/87/slides/slides-87-tictoc-7.pdf
[07:06:28] lmontini@cisco.com joins the room
[07:06:31] <Y(J)S> Tal - how many people are in the physical room ?
[07:07:12] <talmizrahi> PTP Enterprise Profile: http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/87/slides/slides-87-tictoc-4.pdf
[07:07:20] <talmizrahi> Heiko Gerstung presenting
[07:07:59] <Karen O'Donoghue> @ Yaakov ~20
[07:18:19] <stenn@jabber.ntp.org> hi
[07:18:27] <stenn@jabber.ntp.org> trying to get audio working...
[07:18:39] <stenn@jabber.ntp.org> yay
[07:18:51] <Karen O'Donoghue> good… welcome harlan
[07:20:11] <Y(J)S> I lost audio
[07:20:24] <Karen O'Donoghue> harlan… do you have audio?
[07:20:51] <Y(J)S> audio back
[07:21:08] <stenn@jabber.ntp.org> I never lost audio
[07:22:28] <Y(J)S> with me it is dropping every now and then ...
[07:35:39] <talmizrahi> 1588 over MPLS
[07:35:40] <talmizrahi> http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/87/slides/slides-87-tictoc-5.pdf
[07:35:50] <talmizrahi> Shahram Davari presenting
[07:44:07] <Y(J)S> Stewart was also a WG chair
[07:44:25] <talmizrahi> Right, Karen just mentioned this
[07:46:05] <Y(J)S> he means hop by hop
[07:46:27] <Karen O'Donoghue> is "he" greg or sharam
[07:46:31] <Y(J)S> greg
[07:46:50] <Y(J)S> he means terminate the MPLS each time - this is much more intensive
[07:47:10] <Y(J)S> no, this is not snooping - this is plain label checking
[07:47:26] <Y(J)S> what Greg is suggesting is much more work for the LSR
[07:48:17] <Y(J)S> We discussed using the management channel
[07:49:49] <Karen O'Donoghue> @ Yaakov… what do you want sent to the mic
[07:49:58] <Y(J)S> This draft predates the MPLS-TP work on GACh
[07:50:17] <Y(J)S> It is hard to respond in this way
[07:50:22] <Karen O'Donoghue> yes
[07:52:40] <Y(J)S> terminating LSP hop by hop is "twice around" for each hop
[07:53:15] <Y(J)S> you could fix by doing PHP but that would mean that it would be IP all the way
[07:54:45] <Y(J)S> how many raised hands ?
[07:54:59] <Y(J)S> Please summarize
[07:55:15] <stenn@jabber.ntp.org> thx
[07:57:51] <Y(J)S> I know of a major carrier that is interested in this
[07:59:04] <Y(J)S> Use of a dedicated channel for this is another solution - if Greg is interested in doing it this way, why doesn't he write a draft proposing ?
[08:01:28] <Y(J)S> I wouldn't want 2 solutions for the same problem
[08:06:56] <Y(J)S> We have been informed that the chance of getting a reserved label for this is zero
[08:07:04] <talmizrahi> NTP status: http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/87/slides/slides-87-tictoc-8.pdf
[08:09:06] <talmizrahi> Network Time Security: http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/87/slides/slides-87-tictoc-0.pdf
[08:09:45] <talmizrahi> Dieter Sibold presenting
[08:10:10] <Y(J)S> don't hear him
[08:10:17] <Karen O'Donoghue> how about now..
[08:10:20] <Y(J)S> OK now mike is working
[08:10:22] <stenn@jabber.ntp.org> I can hear
[08:10:51] <Karen O'Donoghue> @Yaakov: who has informed us that we can't get a reserved label for this?
[08:14:01] <stenn@jabber.ntp.org> I'm kinda embarrassed to ask this, and I am tired.  Has this been implemented?
[08:15:09] <stenn@jabber.ntp.org> I am happy to do that, Karen.
[08:15:22] <Y(J)S> KAREN - MPLS chairs. There are only 16 reserved labels, and about half have been used already.
[08:15:23] <stenn@jabber.ntp.org> ok, thanks
[08:15:41] weiler joins the room
[08:15:42] <Karen O'Donoghue> So… why are we still trying to push this?
[08:18:02] <stenn@jabber.ntp.org> hi sam
[08:18:33] <stenn@jabber.ntp.org> where can I see what is being displayed?
[08:18:47] <stenn@jabber.ntp.org> is there a slideshow PDF or something?
[08:19:04] <Karen O'Donoghue> yes… either via webex or the slides from meeting materials...
[08:19:07] <Karen O'Donoghue> i'll get the link
[08:19:10] <stenn@jabber.ntp.org> thx
[08:19:25] <weiler> slide 3
[08:19:31] <weiler> we don't have a jabber scribe?
[08:19:34] <Y(J)S> WebEx <https://workgreen.webex.com/workgreen/j.php?ED=209512287&UID=1366180617&PW=NYWEwMWM0NmI1&RT=MiMyNQ%3D%3D>
[08:19:38] <weiler> hi, harlan.
[08:19:39] <Karen O'Donoghue> http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/87/slides/slides-87-tictoc-3.pdf
[08:19:47] <stenn@jabber.ntp.org> thx all..
[08:21:22] <weiler> slide 4
[08:22:33] <weiler> 7
[08:22:35] <weiler> 7
[08:22:39] <stenn@jabber.ntp.org> Danny and I are not thrilled with this - MITM attacks.  We wonder if it would be better to leave the original packet alone and add an updated timestamp as an additional extension member.
[08:23:52] <weiler> which Danny?
[08:24:13] <stenn@jabber.ntp.org> Danny Mayer, ntp developer.
[08:24:38] <stenn@jabber.ntp.org> I haven't had a chance to run this by another developer or two I'd like to ask about this.
[08:25:44] <stenn@jabber.ntp.org> Something about this scares me, and I may have no good reason to be afraid.  And I think of sequestration - "That would be horrible so we'd make sure it didn't happen"
[08:27:51] <weiler> what of this do you want relayed to the mic?
[08:28:10] <Karen O'Donoghue> I'll summarize...
[08:28:38] <stenn@jabber.ntp.org> not sure - Tal did a good job summarizing.  And I am concerned that if we offer a solution that is only useful for trusted clients, we're opening the door to soon make unauthenticated stuff useless.
[08:28:58] <stenn@jabber.ntp.org> and then we may be back at the MITM stuff.
[08:29:30] <stenn@jabber.ntp.org> :)
[08:29:36] <stenn@jabber.ntp.org> good job, Karen :)
[08:29:38] <Y(J)S> Is the IPPM solution also limited to unauthenticated mode ?
[08:29:45] <weiler> I count one.
[08:34:15] <talmizrahi> ITU-T updates: http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/87/slides/slides-87-tictoc-1.pdf
[08:34:24] <talmizrahi> Stefano Ruffini presenting
[08:39:22] weiler leaves the room
[08:39:35] weiler joins the room
[08:45:56] <stenn@jabber.ntp.org> that is very impressive gfor USB.
[08:46:03] <stenn@jabber.ntp.org> Please have him email me
[08:46:18] <stenn@jabber.ntp.org> or at least ask him to email me :)
[08:46:44] <stenn@jabber.ntp.org> I am in touch with ESR about the UBLOX USB GPS units.
[08:46:50] <Y(J)S> Too bad I can't get a dongle ...
[08:47:33] <stenn@jabber.ntp.org> PTP 1588 Power Profile uses a different timescale from the other profiles...
[08:47:54] <stenn@jabber.ntp.org> Karen, please contact me after the meeting about NTF's Timestamp API.
[08:48:29] <stenn@jabber.ntp.org> In the future, I'd like to see NTP be able to run/interoperate with UTC and GPS timescale nodes.
[08:49:30] <Y(J)S> mike please ...
[08:50:45] <weiler> bye bye
[08:50:53] weiler leaves the room
[08:51:07] <stenn@jabber.ntp.org> thanks!  Bye...
[08:51:21] <Y(J)S> leap to lunch ?
[08:51:51] talmizrahi leaves the room
[08:54:22] lmontini@cisco.com leaves the room
[09:08:40] Y(J)S leaves the room
[09:09:01] stenn@jabber.ntp.org leaves the room
[09:27:32] talmizrahi joins the room
[09:30:54] talmizrahi leaves the room
[09:31:06] Karen O'Donoghue leaves the room
[09:36:53] talmizrahi joins the room
[09:41:25] talmizrahi leaves the room
[10:35:34] Karen O'Donoghue joins the room
[10:45:26] Karen O'Donoghue leaves the room
[10:52:03] Karen O'Donoghue joins the room
[10:55:26] Karen O'Donoghue leaves the room
[10:58:37] Karen O'Donoghue joins the room
[11:52:59] talmizrahi joins the room
[12:52:38] talmizrahi leaves the room
[13:33:37] talmizrahi joins the room
[13:36:27] talmizrahi leaves the room
[14:16:01] Karen O'Donoghue leaves the room
[15:08:58] talmizrahi joins the room
[15:10:04] <talmizrahi> Agenda slides: http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/87/agenda/agenda-87-trill
[15:10:16] talmizrahi leaves the room
Powered by ejabberd Powered by Erlang Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS!