IAOC -- looking for committee volunteers

IAOC Chair <iaoc-chair@ietf.org> Mon, 18 July 2016 13:27 UTC

From: IAOC Chair <iaoc-chair@ietf.org>
To: IETF Announcement List <ietf-announce@ietf.org>
Subject: IAOC -- looking for committee volunteers
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2016 06:27:15 -0700
Cc: iaoc@ietf.org

The IAOC has a handful of committees to support its work [1].  The role of an IAOC Committee is to develop materials and make recommendations for IAOC decisions. Chair and membership in committees is constituted annually (typically at the IAOC meeting at the first IETF meeting of a calendar year, when IAOC membership terms come up).

At this time, the IAOC is interested in broadening non-IAOC member participation in its committees, if there are one or 2 interested and suitable community members for each committee.   Note that all committees deal in business sensitive materials, and may require signing a non-disclosure agreement.

Please see the charters of the individual committees for further detail [1].    Committees for which we are considering additional people are:

	. Finance Committee
	. Legal Committee
	. Meetings Committee
	. Technology Management Committee
	. RFP Committee

We ask those interested to volunteer by sending a message stating their committee of interest and relevant experience for that committee to iaoc@ietf.org, by August 1, 2016.  The IAOC will review candidates with the aim of appointing any new members by the end of August.

Leslie, for the IAOC.

[1] https://iaoc.ietf.org/committees.html