RE: [Megaco] Duplicated in-band and out-band tones

"Kevin Boyle" <kboyle@nortel.com> Wed, 15 February 2006 19:46 UTC

Subject: RE: [Megaco] Duplicated in-band and out-band tones
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 14:46:38 -0500
From: Kevin Boyle <kboyle@nortel.com>
To: Richard Sun <xsun@lucent.com>
Cc: "Maridi Raju Makaraju(Raju)" <mmraju@lucent.com>, megaco@ietf.org, Raphael Tryster <raphael.tryster@vocaltec.com>
Sender: megaco-bounces@ietf.org

Most tones have a minimum duration before the tone is "detected".
Unless the MG is particularly slow about stripping the tone, any amount
of the tone left in the bearer should be short enough to be considered
noise.

There are no general rules for the MGC.  The determination of the MGC to
ask the MG to detect tones is an implementation choice.

Kevin