Re: [rohc] RoHCv2 : Problems in decoding sequentially late packets

Carl Knutsson <carl.knutsson@effnet.com> Tue, 13 January 2009 08:32 UTC

Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 09:31:50 +0100
From: Carl Knutsson <carl.knutsson@effnet.com>
To: sudipkumarm@tataelxsi.co.in
Cc: 'Vidya Akhare' <vizz@tataelxsi.co.in>, abhisheksaurabh@tataelxsi.co.in, rohc@ietf.org, Gurushant G Kotagi <gurushant@tataelxsi.co.in>
Subject: Re: [rohc] RoHCv2 : Problems in decoding sequentially late packets
Sender: rohc-bounces@ietf.org

Sudip Kumar Mandal,

There is no need to identify sequentially late packets in this case.
This should be handled by the lsb encoding.

The compressor must take into account the jitter and packet loss over
the link when choosing the ROHC packet type and the number of lsb bits
sent. If reordering is causing an lsb encoded field is decompressed
incorrectly, then you have an incorrect the reording_ratio and/or a to
small sliding window (see section 5.1.2).

/Calle