RE: [Seamoby] Concensus Call:Reaching Closure on Paging Decision

"Sreemanthula Srinivas (NRC/Dallas)" <Srinivas.Sreemanthula@nokia.com> Fri, 18 January 2002 23:38 UTC

Subject: RE: [Seamoby] Concensus Call:Reaching Closure on Paging Decision
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 17:22:42 -0600
From: "Sreemanthula Srinivas (NRC/Dallas)" <Srinivas.Sreemanthula@nokia.com>
To: 'ext James Kempf' <kempf@docomolabs-usa.com>, seamoby@ietf.org
Cc: sob@harvard.edu, Allison Mankin <mankin@isi.edu>
Sender: seamoby-admin@ietf.org

Hi all,
After all these discussions, I feel that the selection or reselection of
any particular proposal as a starting point seems like an impossible
feat to me.  Particularly because none of them have met the requirements
completely, not even draft-renker.  I can comment on this because I was
part of the evaluation team and I was the evaluator for Renker proposal.

For the next step, I join Stefano and Bechet in proposing a team to
design the protocol from scratch.  Although it is not clear, I assume
this consensus call covers this option also.

Thanks,
Srini