[Sipping] IEEE Network special Issue on VoIP Security

"Ram Dantu" <rdantu@egw.unt.edu> Thu, 12 May 2005 03:51 UTC

Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 22:45:06 -0500
From: Ram Dantu <rdantu@egw.unt.edu>
To: Donghua.Jiang@alltel.com, Samir.Chatterjee@cgu.edu, henry@sinnreich.net
Cc: Christian.Stredicke@snom.de, sipping@ietf.org
Subject: [Sipping] IEEE Network special Issue on VoIP Security
Sender: sipping-bounces@ietf.org

We are going to edit IEEE Network special issue on VoIP Security.
We invite submissions for this special issue and the due date is October 15, 2005.
See the following link for more details
(http://www.comsoc.org/pubs/net/ntwrk/cfpnetwork3Q06.htm)

Ram Dantu
Dipak Ghosal
Henning Schulzrinne

PS: IEEE Network was the number two most-cited journal in electrical and electronics engineering, number
one cited journal in telecommunications, and the number two cited journal in computer science hardware
and architecture, and computer science information systems in 2003, according to the annual Journal
Citation Report (2003 edition) published by the Institute for Scientific Information.

>>> <Donghua.Jiang@alltel.com> 05/11/05 11:43 AM >>>
Samir,

I think it is kind of fair for the referees to ask for more than just the three approaches that you have evaluated.  You may have different interests than the academic referees'.

Since there are many ways of implementing NAT and security in SIP based VoIP solution, it is a good idea for your group to look into different approaches and to provide the journal or the industry with a fair view of what the best approach is.

Best regards,
Jane