This list is to discuss a open interface and a programmable platform to support
various IPv6 applications, which may include IPv6 transition technologies, SAVI
(Source Address Validation and Traceback), security, data center and etc. This
discussion will focus on the problem space, use case and possible protocol
extensions. The following questions are listed to be solved via this discussion:
(1) What are the problems and use cases existing in various IPv6 applications,
e.g., multiple IPv6 transition technologies co-exist?
(2) How to enable the applications to program the equipment to tunnel IPv6
traffic across an IPv4 data plane?
(3) How this work can be done through a general interface, e.g., to incorporate
the transition policies, simplifying the different stages through the transition
and guaranteeing that current decisions do not imply a complicated legacy in
(4) How to make the end-to-end configuration of devices: concentrator/CGN,
CPE and the provisioning system?
(5) How to extend the existing IETF protocols, e.g., netconf, to support this
To see the collection of prior postings to the list,
visit the Openv6
Archives or Openv6 MHonArc Archives.
Subscribe to Openv6 by filling out the following
You will be sent email requesting confirmation, to
prevent others from gratuitously subscribing you. This is a private list, which means that the
list of members is not available to non-members.