Skip to main content

Visas and Letters of Invitation

This webpage provides information for various options to obtain authorization to travel to IETF 120. It is updated in advance of each IETF meeting.

eTAs and Visas

Please note that in order to enter Canada, you will be required to have a valid passport and potentially either a visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA).

Find out if you require a visa or eTA to travel to Canada here. If you require a visa and need additional information, please email for further assistance.

Additional information can be found by visiting the Government of Canada Immigration website for Business Visitors and the Canada Border Services Agency page regarding eTAs.

Letters of Invitation

Thanks to IETF 120 Connectivity sponsor Telus for generously providing our IETF 120 letter of invitation (LOI). If you need a visa to travel to Canada, you can request a LOI from your attendee dashboard. If you have issues regarding your LOI, please contact us directly at